Two oddities (Bugs?) in recent games . . .

File Size:

Am playing a game against Lurker (Fall Blau, by rune). I don't know the total points for the game, but at this point, I couldn't possibly have more than 1200 points on the (large) map and my opponent (knowing rune) probably has something similar. The save-game files, however, are overly large -- something like 2-3MB apiece. Yes, we probably have a total of 25-30 vehicles moving, but we haven't really even started shooting at each other yet -- the file size seems WAYYY too large.

If this is not a bug, BFC, then an in-game option to .zip the PBEM file would be a god-send (ala' CM OneClick, a most excellent program that unfortunately does not work for CMBB).

Misidentified/wrong Icon for Italians:

I am playing a game against Marlow (who is a gamey cheating bastiche, but that is beside the point). I have identified a pair of his vehicles as 'light tanks'; the icon I see, however, is of a truck (see picture). Shouldn't I see some sort of generic tank instead of a truck?

Odd_id.jpg

Steve

[ December 09, 2002, 01:08 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

One more oddity -- if you look closely at the picture, you can see someone in the back of the truck. I have identified that someone as 'Mortar?'

Clearly, this vehicle is a truck with a passenger -- so why is it being identified as some sort of tank?

Steve

Same problem for me as well MrSpkr. I'm currently playing a PBEM game where I'm almost certain that the not fully identified vehicle is a truck, judging by the noise it's making, the fact it's towing a gun and its graphical representation yet it's described as "Light Armor?"

It seems that there may be a small bug with the link up between the descriptions of not fully identified vehicles and the graphic representation.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

One more oddity -- if you look closely at the picture, you can see someone in the back of the truck. I have identified that someone as 'Mortar?'

Clearly, this vehicle is a truck with a passenger -- so why is it being identified as some sort of tank?

Steve

Maybe this is some sort of secret cloaking device? And anyway, shouldn't you refer to said pax as "MR Mortar"? ;)

Seriously though, something seems to be screwy here.....

AJ

...If this is not a bug, BFC, then an in-game option to .zip the PBEM file would be a god-send...

Just one small thing... "zip" txt files, would serve no propose.

For the CM save game file, "zip" may only be an option, for people with a poor e-mail service (where the mail server makes a poor decode/code work and messes the file).

Originally posted by Terrapin:

Zip files actually INCREASE the size of CMBB attachments, don't they? Because it has to convert the whole thing to ASCII, again?

No, I've used .zip in the CM OneClick program and it does compress the file size.

Steve

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Terrapin:

Zip files actually INCREASE the size of CMBB attachments, don't they? Because it has to convert the whole thing to ASCII, again?

No, I've used .zip in the CM OneClick program and it does compress the file size.

Steve</font>