BFC - Release Date Shipping Question

MrSpkr

BFC-

A couple of questions about the release:

(1) Since the release date is this Friday, is that the date that the pre-ordered game will be placed in its envelope and given to (shudder) the USPS for shipping?

(2) If the answer to (1) varies due to the volume of pre-orders, does it matter when the order was placed (i.e., since mine was one of the first 25 orders placed, will mine be one of the first 25 out the door)?

Steve

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, (tee-hee) you could be the last pre-order filled, and still have PLENTY of time to annoy our European brethren. In fact, you could get the very last CD from their first run of CDs burned and STILL get a gritty AAR up for them to salivate over.

Actually, come to think of it, I would guess a whole bunch of superior, stand-offish Germans (you know, Andreas, ) will be on here bright and early Friday with gushing praise.

A bunch of us just happened to be up and perusing the forum when the announcement was made that preorders were being accepted. Based on what had to be the earliest order numbers as reported on the forum, you could feel pretty comfortable in estimating where your order stood.

Originally posted by jonp:

How do you know you are around the 25th order?

I placed my order about 7am the day preorders

were accepted. When was yours placed?

Thx

jonp

I placed mine about eight minutes after they announced preorders were being taken (at some evil hour of the morning - say, 2am or so) -- and have found the lowest order number of that series was only about ten lower than my number, so I figure I can't be further than 25th on the list.

Steve

[ September 17, 2002, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by Nidan1:

Does anyone have an estimate of how many copies of the game BF will have available for shipment on the first day?

25, I think.

Agua, Gyrene and I will keep you all informed on how magnificent it is.

Steve

[ September 17, 2002, 10:52 AM: Message edited by: MrSpkr ]

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Nidan1:

Does anyone have an estimate of how many copies of the game BF will have available for shipment on the first day?

25, I think.

Agua, Gyrene and I will keep you all informed on how magnificent it is.

Steve</font>

I can start posting AARs to annoy our British and Canadian friends still awaiting their copies.

:(

Damn you ! The lot of you ! You just do this to annoy us poor Europeans ! Well I ain't reading any of your s*it that you post !

(Nah, I'll probably memorize every AAR that ever will be posted in this forum by heart ! :D )

Originally posted by Andreas:

Here is an AAR by MrSpkr:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />AAR by MrSpkr:

Today I received the CD, harhar up yours late-order losers.

AAR STARTS

I immediately installed the game, and fired up a QB.

The AI kicked my butt.

ENDS

</font>

Originally posted by Boo_Radley:

Oh yes, here we go. Notice how subtly MsSpkr let us all know that he's one of the 1337? "Since I had the fortitude and wherewithal to stay by my trusted computer all through the night, I, yes, I will be one of the first to receive CMBB. I rule you all!"

How sad he is.

Oh Boo, you look so funny when you're jealous.

Not "ha-ha" funny, but "Good Lord get the kids off the street, lower the window-shades and hide behind the couch if it tries to come visit" kind of funny.

Steve

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by jonp:

How do you know you are around the 25th order?

I placed my order about 7am the day preorders

were accepted. When was yours placed?

Thx

jonp

I placed mine about eight minutes after they announced preorders were being taken (at some evil hour of the morning - say, 2am or so) -- and have found the lowest order number of that series was only about ten lower than my number, so I figure I can't be further than 25th on the list.

Steve</font>

Gee Whiz, MsSpkr, maybe if you dolled yourself up real purty like and batted your eyes at the boys at BFC, they'd send yours out before anyone else. Can you put on a little skit to show them why you are so deserving? Think of it as a beauty pagent. Maybe they'll even let you change your name to MsCMBB. Something to think about.

Guest PondScum

So are they using the LIFO method, or FIFO, or FILO, or FIDO or ROVER methods?

I hear they're using the "give MrSpkr's spot in the queue to Seanachai" method, thereby killing two threads with one stone.

Originally posted by PondScum:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MrSpkr:

So are they using the LIFO method, or FIFO, or FILO, or FIDO or ROVER methods?

I hear they're using the "give MrSpkr's spot in the queue to Seanachai" method, thereby killing two threads with one stone.</font>