Looking for a town/city scenario...

for a PBEM game. Just looking for something a little different, not a QB. Did a search and came up blank on this forum.

Ideally would be smaller to medium sized, allied attack probably, historical if available, evenly balanced and most importantly fun to play.

If anyone has any suggestions or experiences, I'd be much obliged.

***Shameless self promotion pending***

Swing over to the DFDR site and grab my latest scenario, Benghazi Bonfire, from the downloads area.

I think it just might meet your criteria! (although it is an Axis attack, not Allied)

[ 06-06-2001: Message edited by: Clubfoot ]

Thanks for the suggestions, guys. I'll give the "To the Last Man" scenario a try and let you know how it goes, thanks Kingfish.

As for the DFDR scenario, Clubfoot, unfortunately my opponent does not have your mod downloaded and I am slowly but surely still downloading it myself - excellent stuff, sir.

[ 06-07-2001: Message edited by: Spanish Bombs ]

Hello,

Mr. David Aitken has a good looking in town scenario which I have just started a PBEM with. Don't know how it will playout as we are only a couple of turns into it, but I sure like the look of the map. An unusual aspect of the scenario is the lack of Victory Locations. One gains victory points by eliminating or capturing the enemy. I recommend a visit to his website and a look at the "Window Shopping in Force" scenario located therein.

http://www.reckoning.demon.co.uk/cm/

Regards,

Randl smile.gif

Well Spanish Bombs, let me recommend a few more to you. On the CD itself is the smaller in-city scenario called Aachen. It is short, and a direct attack by US troops against holed up Jerries.

OR...

You can try "A Second Job - Vossenack." Personally, I think this is an ideal scenario for 2 players. It is a meeting engagement, historical, with Germans and US troops charging each other from either end of town.

You can get the Vossenack scenario at a number of sites. I think Manx has it onhand and it is also available at the new Boots N' Tracks Depot. A quick easy download.

http://www.militarygamer.net/combatmission/scenarios.asp

You'll actually find a rather large selection of good quality scenarios here.

Thanks Kingfish, Peterk and Agua. Vossburg is not mine, but Vossenack is. Could these be the same?

Wow - thanks for all the help guys, this is just emblematic of how the CM community makes this game so much fun.

I am familiar with the Aachen scenario, but as I had played it against the AI from both sides, I thought it would be best to try something new for a PBEM match.

Wild Bill - we are one turn into To the Last Man, and I am already hooked. The first movie was a blast, with more action than many of the first 10 turns in typical Quick Battle PBEM games....

[ 06-12-2001: Message edited by: Spanish Bombs ]

It's one I have enjoyed playing also, SBombs!

One of the things that gives it a little replayability is the chance to use different tactics for attack (and defense, may I add - :D )

I truly hope you enjoy it. Thanks for the kind words.

And a lot more coming guys! My blood is up and scenarios, maybe an operation are on the way!

Wild Bill