CMHQ Update-April 1

Today marks the beginning of a series of screenshots from "War at the Rim: Those Forgotten Bastards." In case you don't know, that is the CM Pacific mod from Combat Mission World. Swing over and take a look at the latest work from MikeT and the boys.

bloody-'ell.

How come I can't see the screenshot on your webpage?

All the other graphics are loverly to look at. Just not the "War on the Rim" pic.

(War on the Rim? Sounds kind of like an add for hemorrhoid cream, eh?) (Booooooo . . . )

smile.gif

Gpig

(Edit: I figured out how to spell 'roids. :/ )

[ April 01, 2002, 01:22 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]

Yeah. Under the title, "A Little Island Hopping?"

All I get is the broken graphic symbol where the IJA 75mm AA/AT gun screenshot should be.

Is this somthing wrong with my set-up?

'Cause I can see all the other swell pic's on CMHQ's page.

Thanks,

Gpig

Works great for me as well, Ted. In many though I wish I hadn't sent you that one. It is still in work. Japanzer sent me that to show what the Model 88 gun would look like after he finished modifying. The others are in the finished stages.

Gpig, I screwed up the title it should have typed out "War Along the Rim, Those Forgotten Bastards". If interested you can email me at home tonight and I will send you some screenshots.

desertcmt@attbi.com

MikeT

Stoffel, we are serious about the Pacific. Combat Mission World also has mods to refight battles in France 1940, Poland 1939, and even a Russian front theater mod. These include as needed mods for uniforms, weapons, terrain, speech files, redone vehicles (lend lease for Russian),etc.

For the Pacific this might be your only chance to fight it out, since BTS as said they won't do a Pacific CM game.

The link below my name will take you to CMW.

MikeT

Is the artwork of the Japanese soldier original? If not, as great as it is, it can't be used.

I also object to the use of the word "bastards" in the title; not very appropriate if you ask me, no matter how dramatic. Might I suggest War Along The Rim: The Forgotten Theatre ?

I was going to suggest The Forgotten Soldiers as a suffix, but it would seem to exclude all the marines (American and Japanese) as well as sailors and airmen...not to mention sound a bit too much like a certain Guy Sajer's "autobiography"....

Mace, don't quit yer day job.