Scenario designers check in!

With all the Mod talk...I was just hoping to see what Scenarios people were thinking of..or proposing to make....(a Mini-Berlin would be a fave of mine)...other than that feel free to discuss............

Ps.. I hope this topic is befitting this board...I didnt chk beforehand.....

The movie Steiner - Iron Cross has a furious battle where Russians, supported by a number of T-34 push Germans out of their defenses (the scene where Steiner and his squad are cut off and after which they have to return to friendly territory) which would make for a good scenario, I think.

I am working on a series of Berlin maps for scenario makers to use. I have sent the first one to the Scenario Depot. Until it is posted, I will be glad to send it to anyone thet emails me (be advised that the "preview" at the ScenDepot shows some other map-not mine). I may try to put together a series of linked scenarios following a single unit/group throughout the battle-after I slog through the rest of the maps. That is 1st priority.

I am also starting to think about a few battles from the history of the SS Das Reich Division. I am reading James Lucas' book on the unit, and there are many vivid accounts that would make for great scenarios. I prefer to have map sources to work from, and as we all know, those are few and far between.

I also want to do an op. based on the fighting around Staraya Russa in winter '41.

Lots coming up...

[ October 03, 2002, 01:42 AM: Message edited by: benpark ]

Yeah, what franko said. In addition there is the Triad of Evil tourney at Band of Brothers where I donated a battle, and a few other things in the works.

Also, remember to check out Boots & Tracks for some CMBB battles released a few weeks ago.

WWB

[ October 03, 2002, 08:06 AM: Message edited by: wwb_99 ]

- Completed, Stalingrad Movie scenario,

- Currently in the testing/fine tuning: Catch Hitler! (Semi-fictious April 1945 Berlin(Mitte)-scenario, 1200 x 1600 m map, Huge, 6000 pt.), runs fine on my 550 Mhz until now, a lot of Russian heavies and other nasty stuff.

- Currently, (test/finetune) Sinelnikovo Feb. 1943 (Parts of 15. ID. secure Dnijepr-crossings by a 50km night-train-raid into Sinelnikovo (50 km SE of Dnepropetovsk).

- Emergency in the Rear (Testing finetuning), a russian tank column is marauding in the german rear somewhere around Feb 1943.

- Patrol in Force (Testing finetuning), a typical statical front infantry patrol (Small, only infantry force).

- Planned(longer project), covering the main actions around 2nd Kharkov-battle (Manstein's counterstroke), extremely intersting for both sides (Tough, only very raw info on russian side available..).

Including the grueling retreat of 187. ID, Fretter-Pico's stand, ArmyDet. Lanz, 4th TA

- Planned, Kursk 2nd SSPzKorps battle series.

- Planned, The Russian offensives Kutuzov and Rumijantsev in Aug. 1943

- Planned, some battles (of which i have material) in 1944.

A lot to do....will take it's time

:rolleyes:

Greets

Daniel

Originally posted by Trey Marshall:

Working on a historical Prokhorovka operation. Its huge and will be heaven for the micromanagers out there.

Trey

I'm working on an historical operation also; GD Regiment at Mtzensk, autumn 1941, and it too may be large, though I may try and break it up. I don't like playing large operations myself, but I get the impression there are those that do?

The operation will cover the fight to open up the road and railway between Tula and Orel - particularly vital for supplies going to the Moscow front, given the mud and rain of the time. Opposing GD was a Soviet Guards Rifle division, plus armour support on each side. Stukas also played an important part in the fighting. Glad we have 30 reinforcement slots now!

I'd like to see someone start rolling out great piles of stand-alone maps for importing into Quickbattles. Danzig, Kharkov, etc. The AI can't create its own big cities or river crossings.

Talk about stand-alone maps, last night I did a test to see how a map with units already in place imports into a Quickbattle. the good news is they import without a hitch, the bad news is even when padlocked in place the AI will reshuffle any imported barbed wire and trenches. I would very much like to see a game patch allow padlocked fortification elements to import into Quickbattles in-position.