Canadian Scenario wanted

Anyone know of a good scenario about the difficult fighting the Canadians faced while trying to clear the Scheldt and open the gateway to Antwerp in the Autumn of '44? I'm reading about it at the moment and it sounds pretty tough. Mostly infantry with few tanks because of the flood filled land. Anyone know of something that fits the bill?

Operation Switchback

I will post it at the Scenario Depot as soon as Admiral Keth has cleared his problems with his provider. In the meantime I will send it to your e-mail address.

You can see some screenshot on my webpage in the ...ahum...news section...okay, okay, I admit, I should update, but apparently there is a life somewhere out there

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Viceroy:

Anyone know of a good scenario about the difficult fighting the Canadians faced while trying to clear the Scheldt and open the gateway to Antwerp in the Autumn of '44? I'm reading about it at the moment and it sounds pretty tough. Mostly infantry with few tanks because of the flood filled land. Anyone know of something that fits the bill?<hr></blockquote>

There are several at the Canuck site, below. Try Walcheren Causeway for a good illustration of trying conditions.

Polder bridge, and Hit the Coast are good battles to have a go as the Canucks. (Actually, Hit the Coast is an operation, I believe.) I think they are meant to represent the type of terrain you're looking for. (Though Hit the Coast is a bit less so.) I'd recommend Hit the Coast as a PBEM, if you have the time. Polder Bridge is a good one against the A.I.

Go Canucks!

[ 11-12-2001: Message edited by: Gpig ]</p>

Well I made a battle on it,but Mc Auliffe's operation is really good,in fact its even better.

I am born in that region (not living there anymore though) but Mc Auliffe still lives there.

He knows the terrain and he had a very accurate map of the area,these two facts together created a very nice map.

Also did we combined our knowledge,we did a lot of research on the forces present on both sides.

So when the operation is posted at the scenario depot,download it and play it

I can know because I spend many hours playtesting it with him.

Besides as a sort of shameless plug,look at Day of the Wasps too.(my own scenario)

:D

Its on the scenario depot and on Michael Dorosh site.

btw if you want to make a canadian scenario you should check that site too,uit has many nice to know facts :D

I am glad you enjoyed my scenario "Maple Leaf Down" Greenman. If you could do me a big favor and write a brief review on the Scenario Depot Website I would greatly appreciate it.

http://www.dragonlair.net/combatmission/

I just finished a PBEM of "Maple Leaf Down" as the Canadian player against Michael Dorosh and achieved a major victory. A lot depends on how the Canadian player deploys and uses his AT teams. Another factor is using the ample Canadian artillery to pin down the German infantry. This requires some anticipation of likely avenues of attack due to the long time between the request and the impact.

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Keith ]

[ 11-14-2001: Message edited by: Keith ]</p>