Assaulting bunkers - how? (BUG!)

I've encountered this problem with tank hunter teams as well. A Stug pulls up to a light wooden building with an TH team in it. They throw 3 molotovs at it in rapid succession, and do nothing for the rest of the turn (no problem). They then throw they last molotov and a grenade in rapid succession and then do nothing for the rest of the GAME! Despite having plenty of grenades (which they are supposed to dump on the tank according to the doctrine).

WP - that's not the same problem. Here, the problem is that possession of a molotov is reliably causing troops NOT to use grenades (or the molotov) which they otherwise WOULD be using. In your example, it's after they've run out, at which point they may well be thinking that there's just not much point.

Originally posted by gunnersman:

Hmmm. Sounds like a problem (in the programing) that units will not recognize the bunker as viable target for certain weapons.

Or maybe it is a problem of the weapons (molotovs) not being viable objects of destruction of the target (bunker)? If grenades eventually do the job (after a while) that could just be the abstraction of the squad taking some time figuring out how to deal with it.

I would have thought molotov cocktails are not the weapon of choice to get to grips with a pillbox. What about wooden bunkers, are they being used there?

I have noticed that it seems to go one way or the other: either they get within a few meters of the bunker and just sit there, or you get your own little volley of explosions as they throw everything that they have at it!

I have not seen any better way to do it, or something that makes them go nuts on it consistently.

Chad

Or maybe it is a problem of the weapons (molotovs) not being viable objects of destruction of the target (bunker)? If grenades eventually do the job (after a while) that could just be the abstraction of the squad taking some time figuring out how to deal with it.

I would have thought molotov cocktails are not the weapon of choice to get to grips with a pillbox. What about wooden bunkers, are they being used there?

It was actually against wooden bunkers I noticed this, and wooden bunkers I used in my test scenario; I haven't tried it with concrete pillboxes. In 10 turns, the squad with molotovs and grenades does nothing at all. Not a single grenade. A similar squad that had grenades but NO molotovs did take out its bunker, but the one WITH molotovs didn't, even though it had grenades as well.

I don't have a problem with molotovs not being useful (if they aren't, which we don't really know because a squad won't try one), though I would expect them to be against a wooden bunker at least.

The problem is that the squad has an effective weapon - grenades - and won't use it because the molotovs apparently take precedence. This could be fixed either by letting the squad use the grenades instead, or (if the molotovs are supposed to be effective) letting the squad use the molotovs. Either way, it's a programming change needed to fix this bug or somefink.

Originally posted by demoss:

Just thought I'd let those of you who may not have noticed know: Madmatt said over on the Tech Support forum that they're looking into this. So there's probably no need for any more bumping.

So you're saying we should stop replying to this thread for no reason other than to move it to the top of the list?

DjB