Operation Bone Throw Launched--Main Attack Within!!!!

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by SuperSulo:

"new textured tracers" - does this mean they are mod-able? In that case, I'll just flip the texture so they will travel the right way ;)

I thought "great idea!" until I realized that the model under the graphic will still be backwards.

Originally posted by Eric Alkema:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by SuperSulo:

"new textured tracers" - does this mean they are mod-able? In that case, I'll just flip the texture so they will travel the right way ;)

I thought "great idea!" until I realized that the model under the graphic will still be backwards.</font>

They are not backwards, they are meant to *point* in the direction of fire. In the game they are much bigger than they would ever appear in order to be seen and be of use from the various camera heights and distances.

Some people think they are backwards because the wide side is at the back. These people would prefer a *fireball* style appearance with the front being wide and the tail getting smaller. We do not agree with that idea, but understand why some would prefer it.

Madmatt

[ May 01, 2002, 12:09 AM: Message edited by: Madmatt ]

Originally posted by Madmatt:

They are not backwards,

Yes they are. :D

Some people think they are backwards because the wide side is at the back. These people would prefer a *fireball* style appearance with the front being wide and the tail getting smaller.
Yeah, *fireball*! But seriously, it's a common way used in animation (and games smile.gif ) to give an impression of speed. I know you guys know that, I'm just telling those who don't.

We do not agree with that idea, but understand why some would prefer it.

Madmatt

So, will it be possible to flip the texture? For us *fireball* fans... smile.gif