NEW Fortified Trench MOD with winter variant!

Hello once again!

Today I have for you a wide fortified trench with a choice of concrete or wooden walls. Obviously these trenches are best suited for a prepared defense. ;) They have this cool 3D effect that sadly only looks optimal from certain angles, though. But then, the effect is that good that, when viewed from these angles, units located in the trench actually seem to be suspended in mid-air. :D

Also included are winterized versions, since the summer one's looked out of place.

Point is (IMPORTANT!!), CM:BB does NOT have a BMP number associated with the winter trench. You will have to switch it manually for winter battles! Please DO read the readme for full details!

On to some (heavily downsized) screenshots. They'll probably only last for a day before the site that hosts them pulls 'em down again though. :(

Here's the one with the concrete walls.

_1-vi.jpg

And the one with wooden walls. Not as dark as in this pic.

_2-vi.jpg

And their respective winter versions. Note the horizontal lines. They are a result of the limitations of the trench texture (one trench 'texture' is used four times for every purchased trench. Contrary to popular believe, the trench texture is NOT stretched in-game).

_3-vi.jpg

_4-vi.jpg

Next one is already in the works. Won't tell y'all what, except it'll be pretty, unrealistic and (for this once more) in glorious ultra-res!

I don't think Juju sleeps any more, just so he can keep producing these great mods for us. Thanks, and I can't wait for the next one, which will probably be later today the way you are going. ;)

[ December 04, 2002, 12:10 PM: Message edited by: Tanks a Lot ]

Originally posted by Offwhite:

These are nice. Have any of you trench-modders tried putting some sort of random equipment/debris like ammo boxes, shovels, or helmets lying on the trench floor? Just a thought, I don't know how it would look in-game, but it could provide a little variety.

I have a trench mod with sandbags and ammo strewn all about, but I hate how they get stretched out at lower views so i didn't post it. I don't know how to stop the stretching of the bitmap. The only problem with the ammo is it looks to uniform - not random.

Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I have a trench mod with sandbags and ammo strewn all about, but I hate how they get stretched out at lower views so i didn't post it. I don't know how to stop the stretching of the bitmap. The only problem with the ammo is it looks to uniform - not random.

I know what you mean. Put in one crate, and for every purchased trench you will see four, in a repetetive pattern.

As I said above, this texture does NOT stretch in-game. It DOES however in the editor or at anytime in the setup phase of a battle. If you do a trench mod you HAVE to test it in an actual battle AFTER you have clicked 'GO' in the setup. Don't ask me why, but that's how it works.

Originally posted by Juju:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by MasterGoodale:

I know what you mean. Put in one crate, and for every purchased trench you will see four, in a repetetive pattern.</font>