Wish list for CM1.02

This has been discussed before, but I would like to add my 2 cents worth. In patch 1.02 I would like to see:

1. Waypoints for groups

2. A save group feature, where you could recall the group (and its formation) with a hotkey such as ctrl 1 or equivalent

Thanks,

RobC

------------------

"Freedom is not a right. It is a privilege bought and paid for with the blood of patriots." Robert A. Heinlein in Starship Troopers

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Different setups for movie and orders phase. Ie I always turn flags off when movie watching , and I set unit scale to realistic, whereas is in the orders phase I scale units up to level 2, and turn bases and flags on.

Configuarble camera presets and one more upward view (Shift+A) setting.

Being able to pan and left and right whilst locked to a unit.

A Ultra FOW option, where you can't tell what experience a unit has. I mean how would you know a Tnak is green or Elite?

------------------

Check out my CM mods, Music and artwork smile.gif

www.geocities.com/coolcolj

[This message has been edited by CoolColJ (edited 06-17-2000).]

Guest Scott Clinton

Internet play.

------------------

Please note: The above is solely the opinion of 'The Grumbling Grognard' and reflects no one else's views but his own.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Observer:

It would be really be neat if we could control (slow down, ie slow motion) the movie phase of the turn, also, how about the ability to save the movie out as a quicktime movie?

Just a thought :)<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

[This message has been edited by Observer (edited 06-17-2000).]

Guest aka PanzerLeader

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>A Ultra FOW option, where you can't tell what experience a unit has. I mean how would you know a Tnak is green or Elite?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Exactly.

The ability for mired vehicles to self recover and rejoin the battle. Given the time and scope of CM battles, this should be possible, especially for those vehicles mired in the early turns. Of course, while self-recovering, the crew would be able to do little else, and would be exposed.

Allons

Guest Germanboy

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blackhorse:

The ability for mired vehicles to self recover and rejoin the battle. Given the time and scope of CM battles, this should be possible, especially for those vehicles mired in the early turns. Of course, while self-recovering, the crew would be able to do little else, and would be exposed.

Allons<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is already in the game, if I understand it correctly. If it is bogged, there is a chance that it will become free again, simulating the crew's efforts. If it becomes immobilised (I have seen that happen after one turn or after several turns), it means that the vehicle has become so stuck that it is impossible for the crew to get it out, necessitating a recovery vehicle. There have been various replies by real life tankers that it is not feasible to do that kind of recovery on a battlefield in the CM scope. You willbe able, providing you hold the ground, to recover vehicles between battles in an operation, IIRC.

------------------

Andreas

Let mortar teams share their ammo, so one doesn't run out before the other.

Let (cowardly) tank crews return to their AFV once they realize NOTHING HAPPENED TO THEIR TANK. Maybe they could rout / flee to nearby cover, then once they are themselves again they could decide that maybe they shouldn't have abandoned their vehicle.

Squads, crews that go beserk like in ASL.

Field promotions, i.e. sometimes under heavy fire one squad member emerges as a leader.

Ability to turn captured troops around, i.e. send a leader over to talk some sense into them.

Ability to capture enemy guns, vehicles. Vehicles maybe out of the range of an individual battle, but maybe could be taken into account during operations / campaigns. Why couldn't a US squad figure out how to use a panzerfaust?

Coloured smoke to help air support target the right places, as was used by Allies after D-Day. Leave possibility for Axis troops to capture those shells and use them on the Allied troops... for the entertainment value.

But I think the game designers need a break now, maybe a week in Hawaii or something. smile.gif

I forgot to add these:

multi-level buildings, including church / cathedral towers.

real cliffs, not just steep inclines.

swamps, bogs if they aren't in the game yet

paved vs. gravel vs. dirt vs. mud roads

wood paths

cellars for buildings, i.e. send a tank through a building and half the time it will drop into the basement.

large buildings, like in map 1 of ASL

castles, you can't play a game without castles, like in ASL map 8.

Château, with orchards maybe.

Tunnels there are tunnels all over the place in Europe. Between house cellars, from one castle to another, to caves, etc. Scenario designers should be able to place tunnels on maps.

Water: fords, streams, small rivers, wide rivers, deep rivers, shallow rivers, slow current, fast current, rapids, falls.

Boats: rubber, canvas and wood, rafts, motorized, pontoon bridges, landing craft, beaches, obstacles, mines.

Not that you have enough to do already. Did you realize what you were getting into when you started this project?

smile.gif

Guest Captitalistdoginchina

I would like to see sniper units.

The ability to save my game in a target directory of my choice. (so i can save into individual pbem opponent folders)

Units that refuse orders when under heavy fire - with a voice over shouting "no sir, it is suicide" He he, well maybe kidding with that one.

I would like to see the full kill info at the end of the game even with FFOW. I understand the need to have only CONFIRMED kills displayed while the game is in progress but at the end of the game it would be real nice to know how effective a particular unit performed with the orders i gave it.

CDIC

------------------

"Death solves all problems - no man no problem"

J.V.Stalin, 1918

A couple of things which would be nice:

--the ability to sort the scenario list by the columns, i.e. title, size, combatants, etc. After we get a ton of user-made scenarios this will be a big help when selecting which one you want.

--the ability to save the generated battles so that you could try fighting from the other side or to send a friend that really tough battle that he says he'd have liked to give a go.

--the ability to have the map generator finish a map that you have either laid out the elevations or established certain landmarks on.

Oh yeah, i also want a hotkey so i can capture a screenshot from within the game without having to use thirdparty software. The hotkey should be able to save the screenshot in a predefined folder. (Talonsoft did it with Hidden & Dangerous using F10).

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

PatBoivin: just about everything on your lists are already in the game or have been rejected for good reason (use the Search feature).

Capitalist Dog: snipers are already in the game--there was even 1 in the original beta demo.

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman

you mean....sinpers are in? Wow cool. I did not have the beta deomo, i only started on the Gold demo, thanks for the tip.

Cheers

CDIC

------------------

J.V.Stalin, 1918

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>you mean....sinpers are in?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, they're called Sharpshooters. There was a lot of discussion about them towards the end of last year RE: how to use the German sharpshooter in the beta demo Riesburg scenario, if you care to search.

But essentially, the best thing to do with them is put them in a good place and leave them alone. They will pick their own time to shoot and their own targets. They are especially useful for taking out tanks--they kill the TC and this makes the surviving crewmen lose a lot of interest in the battle smile.gif

------------------

-Bullethead

It was a common custom at that time, in the more romantic females, to see their soldier husbands and sweethearts as Greek heroes, instead of the whoremongering, drunken clowns most of them were. However, the Greek heroes were probably no better, so it was not so far off the mark--Flashman