Wish list for CM1.02

Guest dirkd1976

I have to agree with the prioritizing of the targets for the tank AI's. I have lost to many tanks because they are trying to shoot an abandoned crew instead of focusing on the enemys tanks that they know are coming up over the hill. mad.gif Maybe a "Main Gun Target" command for tanks would be an easier solution. It really is frustrating sometimes, especially with tanks that have a slow turret traverse time. Other than that major gripe, I LOVE THIS GAME!!! biggrin.gif Good work guys (and gals), I'm gonna be playing this one for a long time to come!!

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Madmatt

The tendency for armored units to engage crews has been addresssed in the fortcoming 1.03 patch.

Also someone mentioned the VCR control and the time increment it jumps forward/back. For the record it jumps 10 seconds when pressed but only 2 seconds when you click it while holding the shift key. Also once you arrive at the end of the turn a single press will not rewind 10 seconds, it only rewinds a few seconds (to about the 58th second) and then a second press allows it to go back 10 seconds after that.

Madmatt

------------------

If it's in Combat Mission, it's on Combat Mission HQ!

CMHQ-Annex, The Alternative side of Combat Mission

Combat Mission HQ

CMHQ-Annex

Proud members of the Combat Mission WebRing

[This message has been edited by Madmatt (edited 07-10-2000).]

I would like to be able to order a group to a specific location. Right now, if you select a group and move them, they maintain their current positions, relative to each other. I would like to be able to move a spread out group to a common endpoint, i.e. inside a building. Maybe an option+shift/drag could be used to distinguish between this and a normal group move.

Guest dirkd1976

Sweet, a 1.03 patch already? When is this coming out? I'll be happy to get my greedy little hands on that. Hehehe, no more picking off crews with my main gun. biggrin.gif What other stuff is gonna be in 1.03?

------------------

Never mistake motion for action - Ernest Hemingway

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Better rotate. As of now the rotate rotates around a camera spot, but usually I want to circle around my focus. As it is now I always have to follow up a rotate with scrolling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Install the 1.01 patch and use Shift-J.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Key/mouse combination to rotate 180 degrees (i.e. reverse).<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hit the forward slash key '/'.

- Chris

Guest ACTOR

I would like to see units hiding in buildings to remain hidden much longer than they currently do.

A buttoned tank should not have and LOS to a two man tank team hiding in a heavy building.

My two cents...

I have 2 books both with information on the Panzer Maus (moose). I was a super-heavy tank which weighted 185 tons. I have tons of stats on it (how much armour and where, performance, dimensions etc.)

** The panzer maus never saw active service though, only 2 not 4 were completed and were in trials with 9 more underconstruction. The finished 2 only made it to the testing phase and were destroyed by the germans themselves in April 1945 before the soviets could capture them.

Ps. The Maus IS just a pillbox on wheels it could make only 7mph cross-country, 12.5 mph on roads and needed a seperate trailor to tow its 15cm (154 lb) shells.

I think that would be very cool if tanks could engage multiple tragets. ie. a seperate targeting command for the turret/maingun and the hull machine gun. then maybe tanks wouldn't seem to ignore your orders to target enemy tanks and put priority on harmless (to tanks) machine guns.

Guest Chris B

>>Better rotate. As of now the rotate rotates around a camera spot, but usually I want to circle around my focus. As it is now I always have to follow up a rotate with scrolling.

> Install the 1.01 patch and use Shift-J.

Gaahh! Gawd! This is even worse, make that MUCH MUCH worse.

Here is a good rotate:

Imagine you are watching your favourite football game, and you do not quite see what is happening. The camera is focused on the ball, but what would be really nice would be to rotate that camera around the point where the ball is, letting you see the critical point from different angles.

Here is how it works in CM.

It is like the cameraman on the sideline, he cannot enter the field, and has a a long camera, when the camera rotates, it rotates around the axis of the cameraman, and the lens of the camera very quickly loses focus on the action and the endzones come into view. Good for tracking very fast moving objects, and overcomes the limitation of having few cameras in fixed positions, but not much use in watching the pretty much static action in CM (noone moves across half a map in a few seconds).

The optional rotate in CM is even worse, because the distance from the rotating point to the lens of the camera is much longer. Even a slight rotate will rotate not only the action out of view but the entire playing field as well.

Another nice rotate would be a rotate where there is NO distance between rotate point and lens, like when a person rotates his head, or rather letting you see what a unit sees around the horizon.

Did I make myself clear?

or

Next time you rotate the camera in CM, ask yourself this question:

Did the rotate help me view the action?

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Chris B:

>>Better rotate. As of now the rotate rotates around a camera spot, but usually I want to circle around my focus. As it is now I always have to follow up a rotate with scrolling.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You can rotate around any point on the map: contrl-click on the point to move your viewpoint there, then rotate. Depending on the option you chose, you will rotate about the bottom center of the screen or about the point that you clicked on.

Henri

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Observer:

I would like to see an outline of the chit at the end of the movement rubberband. When moving tanks a small biit, it is IMPOSSIBLE to see the movement rubberband under the tank... An outline only of the chit that moves at the end of the rubberband would help a lot.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Observer, if I understand your problem, you can work around this by hitting Shift-V (to hide vehicles) while plotting short moves. Just be sure you have the vehicle selected FIRST. wink.gif

------------------

Leland J. Tankersley

My personal wish list for good old BTS-santa includes only one thing: Support for more than 2 human players in CM. That would be real cool ... big battles over local networks or web ... Do it now, santa ... smile.gif

Keeping in mind my post on the main board under the title "I love my CM", here is my wish list for CM 1.03:

1. Create a clone of me that can keep my family fooled so I can continually play CM uninterupted.

2. Do all the "Honey do.." lists that my wife makes up for me.

3. Gets me coffee for those 2AM, up at night turns where I'm starting to get groggy and order a platoon to advance on the heels of a 14 inch barrage attack thinking "yeah, I can keep them close and keep casualties to a minimum"

4. BTS, do you think you can make it where a little thingy pops up on the screen that says "Youve been playing for too long, please take a break and come back when your mind is in the game". ?? This way when we do stupid things due to long play times, it can enhance our playing experience even more. smile.gif

5. Have it so the CD loads itself when I get home from work with a greeting "Welcome Tom, please come blow some stuff up."

Hope these patches come out soon. smile.gif

GI Tom

------------------

To a New Yorker like you, a hero is some type of wierd sandwich.

<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by GI Tom:

BTS, do you think you can make it where a little thingy pops up on the screen that says "Youve been playing for too long, please take a break and come back when your mind is in the game". ?? This way when we do stupid things due to long play times, it can enhance our playing experience even more. smile.gif<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually some years ago, thre was an addon for the Mac where a Moose eek.gifthat would pop up on the screen every once in a while and make unwelcome remarks such as "Are you sleeping?..." or "Maybe you should go to bed!...". smile.gif

Sound like you need a Mac tongue.gif

biggrin.gif

Henri

I would like a further FOW option - call it "First Person View" FOW or something similar. The idea is to lock all camera views except view #1, and #8 for setup.

There has been a long thread about playing in frist person view only, and it would be nice to have an option to do it in PBEM.

Epée