Frequently-Asked Questions - Combat Mission - Barbarossa to Berlin

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is this *BUMB* ? I do not understand ? *BUMB* is a total mystery to me. I've seen *BUMB* happening lots of times, but I've never understood what it means. *BUMB* is a total stranger to me. I would appreciate any knowledge of this phenomena know as the *BUMB*. *BUMB* seems to be a very important part of this conversational forum. What *BUMB* really is escapes me, but maybe in the near future I shall receive the inner logics and knowledge of the *BUMB*. Thanks in advance (*BUMB*):

SaTyR (*BUMB*)

Originally posted by SaTyR:

What is this *BUMB* ? I do not understand ? *BUMB* is a total mystery to me. I've seen *BUMB* happening lots of times, but I've never understood what it means. *BUMB* is a total stranger to me. I would appreciate any knowledge of this phenomena know as the *BUMB*. *BUMB* seems to be a very important part of this conversational forum. What *BUMB* really is escapes me, but maybe in the near future I shall receive the inner logics and knowledge of the *BUMB*. Thanks in advance (*BUMB*):

SaTyR (*BUMB*)

Pardon me?

Oh, your buying the drinks? Hey everyone, next ones on SaTyR!!

KC

Yep, I had a sound finnish kalsarikänni last night (kalsarikänni can be roughly translated as 'to sit in your home, in your underwears, all alone drinking beer'). Waited for you all to arrive but you buggers never did. BUMB you all to Turku (the finns, being UBER, have built a city just to have a place to call the a$$ of the world. Uberfinns think of everything). so, BUMB you, BUMB you all to Turku.

;) feeling a bit woozy now, gotta go lie down for a bit more ;)

I doubt Soddball will approve about my little invasion of his FAQ but I thought I would point out my little web site. This offers mods to correct both the European CDV to the US standard and help turn the tide of the historical dumbing down even in this to prevent the game offending people and making it more “commercial”.

http://www.geocities.com/TimesSquare/Arena/8461/mod.html

Originally posted by Soddball:

I have a friend who works at the University of Turku. I'll let him know that I know everyone thinks it's the arse end of Finland. :D

I think they actually know that already. Turku couldn't be on this fine globe we call our home and Earth without a purpose. And that purpose is to be the arse of the world. We finns actually have almost the same amount of jokes about the stupidity of the inhabitants of Turku as we do of swedes in general. I suspect there is a certain city/state in every country renowned by their own countrymen for being the most (insert an insulting adjective here) of the world. But Turku is still the a$$ of the world.

One smiley just to show that, in a way, I'm kidding --> smile.gif

(edited to insert the word BUMB into this BUMB, BUMBing this thread where it belongs: at the top)

BUMB

[ November 16, 2002, 06:24 PM: Message edited by: SaTyR ]

Originally posted by Krazy Canuck:

kalsarikänni can be roughly translated as 'to sit in your home, in your underwears, all alone drinking beer'). In Canada it would mean 'stinky person with no friends from the a$$hole city in ubarFinland' smile.gifsmile.gif :cool:

*Bumb* nono, *Bump*, yeah, that's more like it!!

KC

Seems I'm enjoying a canadian *kalsarikanni* redface.gif:(

*Bump* anyway smile.gif 'cause this needs to be up front!!

KC

Hamsters, queries about he Peng thread, million questions about the CMMOS (which I had problems at the start, but I didn't feel the need to start the umphteenth thread about it. Just read the readme a bit more carefully and tested it a bit more...), opinions, opinions the prequal, stoopid questions about the arrival of the patch (can't you play without it ? I may be alone with this then, but I seem to enjoy the game EVEN without the patch...), stoopid questions about stuff that has been answered a million times already and MasterGoodale (in general). No wonder we have to bumb the FAQ so often. PPL should really learn to READ (first just to see the FAQ and then to read it) and to use the Search function the good and savvy board designers gave us (to see if their question has already been asked and answered, like several are, in this thread). My bumb of the night -->

*BumB*

And to save a bit of Soddballs time and sanity, a charity bumb -->

*BumB*

Please add the CMMOS thread (this one: http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003484 ) to the FAQ.

Add a bit where japinard and all the other patch waiting, can't-live-without-it whiners are explained (like the mastergoodale waffelgrenadier cheer thread... dropped of my seat when I saw the explanation on the FAQ, funny it was)

Maybe add the Stalingrad pack ( http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003499 ) to the FAQ.

About skis: ( http://www.battlefront.com/cgi-bin/bbs/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=23;t=003209 )

Just some suggestions, feel free to discard...

Oh yeah: an early morning (for me it is ;) ) *BumB*