Speaking of Bald Headed Megalomaniacs, Madmatt....

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Firefly:

When I did Geography at school Italy was in the Mediterranean not Eastern Europe. That was a long time ago, though, it may have changed.

Har har,

The oi-talians (as some Australians may put it) commited troops to the Russian front, and med. fronts. Also the Yugoslav partisans drove them from the tiny bits of the balkans the oi-talians may have controlled. Here is a map of the Axis Division of occupied Europe:

1942euro.gif

And here is the Key:

1942~eur.gif

You gotta check out the "map key" Willhammer. smile.gif

I think they are classified as "axis satellite nations," on the map.

Gpig

Edit: Can't spell Satellite. Beep Beep Beep . . .

[ August 12, 2002, 07:58 PM: Message edited by: Gpig ]

Man... I was hopin' Dorosh was gonna provide some proof that Madmatt is actually the reincarnation of Il Duce ! Such deceptive marketing strategies in these thread titles...

As for the actual question here; I doubt it. The Italians never fought against the Germans on the Eastern Front (though there may have been some scattered, minor incidents during the retreat from the Don). Therefore you won't be seeing the Italians listed as opponents to the Germans to allow the proposed scenario. Turncoat Axis allies will be Finland and Romania, for historically accurate periods. The Finns will only be fighting the Germans for a few months and the Romanians will be Soviet allies from September '44 on.

Originally posted by Firefly:

When I did Geography at school Italy was in the Mediterranean not Eastern Europe. That was a long time ago, though, it may have changed.
Harsh but fair, Firefly. Harsh but fair. Still, maybe Canadians have the same issues with Geography as Americans. :D

originally posted by Schrullenhaft:

As for the actual question here; I doubt it. The Italians never fought against the Germans on the Eastern Front ...

No worries there. The Italians didn't exactly fight against the Germans at the Gran Sasso either. ;)

The central question is when will CMBB allow any set of countries to fight against each other, including Russians against Russians, Germans against Germans and anything else.

This would make for interesting gaming possiblities, including totally symmetrical (terrain and OOB) scenarios for tournement play.

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

is it Slowakei or Slowakien??

I know it is -slowakien in Tschechoslowakien, but as an individual word, it is usually Slowakei, isn't it?

it's Slowakei, just as it is Tschechoslowakei, not Tschechoslowakien... tongue.gif

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

Aren't people in Germany gonna get in trouble if they look at that map that has that swastika on it? ;) Or will MadMatt be the one who gets in trouble? smile.gif

Hummm.....if we consider Madmatt an employee or slave of CDV, and assume he posted it as such, with the intent to provide us with non-educational game fun, I'd say he is a case for the General Federal Prosecutor....

I can look at every map I want

Originally posted by Bruno Weiss:

Well, just to be safe. Maybe we should remove the swastika and replace it with Mr. Yuck. :D

hmmm... to be honest, the swastika flag is so horribly distorted, that nobody will note it's a swastika flag.

BTW: who has created this map with this wild mixture of a dozen languages??

"Böhmen-Morey" :confused: :rolleyes:

[ August 13, 2002, 11:00 AM: Message edited by: Ozzy ]

Originally posted by Ozzy:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

is it Slowakei or Slowakien??

I know it is -slowakien in Tschechoslowakien, but as an individual word, it is usually Slowakei, isn't it?

it's Slowakei, just as it is Tschechoslowakei, not Tschechoslowakien... tongue.gif </font>