Combat Mission Gold

Steve,

Straight question,

Living in the UK, will I be forced to buy my copy of CMBB from CVD, or whatever they are called?

The day you release CMBB in the US I will be trying to order it over the net. The thought of a dialogue box coming up telling me I have to wait for the release from CVD would throw me into in controllable confusion.

You have some very loyal fans in the UK, even if some of us enjoy a good argument on Soviet artillery matters. It would be very rough justice if we had to wait for CVD to produce it.

If there will be an option for express delivery, I will also be going for that.

All the best,

Kip.

Hi Kip,

To be perfectly honest with you... I don't know. We have no arrangement with CDV at the moment, but we are going to start talking about it with them. But I can tell you one thing... we do intend on making sure that nobody has to wait for someone else. We also have a warehouse in Ireland which, if we do the shipping ourselves, will make things faster for Europeans than was the case for CMBO.

When we know for sure what the arrangements will be for CMBB we will let you guys know. Just be assured that we have everybody's best interests, especially the customers', in mind as we figure things out. We know what you want smile.gif

Steve

Just a point on euro's being behind the curve. When it comes to cellular, euro's are significantly more advanced then ami's.

- more cellular customers per capita

- much, much, (several orders of magnitude) greater use of text messaging (through cellular) per capita

-marc

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by xerxes:

Just a point on euro's being behind the curve. When it comes to cellular, euro's are significantly more advanced then ami's.

- more cellular customers per capita

- much, much, (several orders of magnitude) greater use of text messaging (through cellular) per capita

-marc<hr></blockquote>

There are exceptions to every rule dude.

Just to make a point Australia has a higher usage than the UK and US.

I think Steve was talking in general and did give a few examples.

Stix

<blockquote>quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by Big Time Software:

To do that would create a whole bunch of problems for us, including a major distraction from work on CMBB. And we can't have that now can we?<hr></blockquote>

No! We can't have that! Not at all!

Back to work! Now! No time to chat! Go on, get!!!

*cracks whip*

Mace

We also have a warehouse in Ireland...

Steve <hr></blockquote>

Makes me wonder what other purchases BTS has made lately smile.gif

[ 01-10-2002: Message edited by: jeffsmith ]</p>

Hi Kip,

We also have a warehouse in Ireland which, if we do the shipping ourselves, will make things faster for Europeans than was the case for CMBO.

Steve<hr></blockquote>

Yeah, yeah - when I worked for a gun store that did mostly telephone and mail order sales, the manager always called his dinky store the "showroom" and the dingy little back area was his "warehouse." Since it went sight unseen by 99 percent of the clientelle, no one was the wiser. So we know you're really talking about Fionn Kelly's basement...

Hehe... actually, no. We subcontract out our shipping and warehousing stuff to professionals, not med students smile.gif We just call it our "Irish warehouse" to keep things nice and simple!

Steve<hr></blockquote>

Why do I get the feeling 1137 rabid fanatics just started looking up "warehouse" on the online Irish yellow pages, thinking they can somehow score an early edition of CMBB....??

First Irish Voice: "Ssssh! Be quiet Jimmy! I tell you, its around here somewhere, a huge warehouse of the most amazing guns and tanks and everything!"

Second Irish Voice: "Are yer sure, Sean? Will the Provos be willing to pay?"

First Irish Voice: "Of course! Have you ever heard of them knocking back a chance to get their grubby hands on a gun?"

Second Irish Voice: "To be sure, to be sure, yer right there, lad. So, where is this huge warehouse then?"

First Irish Voice: "Just down this laneway, around the corner. Here yer go! Quick, with the Jemmy and will get that lock off! Sssh! Whats that?"

[sounds of gunfire, screams, armoured vehicles, artillery rounds exploding]

Second Irish Voice: "Bugger! Thats torn it! Sounds like they're practicing with them weapons! Lets scarper!"

[sound of running boots disappearing in the distance]

American Voice: "And you can see, the game has been improved markedly, gentlemen. Yes, in our new Irish Warehouse we have several thousand copies of Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin" available. Yes, our phones are open right now..." smile.gifsmile.gif