Impressed by Customer Service

I’d just like to say thanks to Steve and Battlefront.com over their surprisingly excellent customer service. I ordered CMBB four days ago, and I have a copy in my hand today. I ordered Tribes 2 from Sierra last year and received it THREE WEEKS later, with the world’s worst manual to boot. Unlike the very nice illustrated manual included here.

How can some small company have its act so far more together than an industry leader?

Now, off to see if my ISU-122 retreats before firing on a Mark IV… :rolleyes:

(sorry if this should go in General Discussion or any Cheery Waffle thread)

Warren

I don't think Sierra has been an "industry leader" for quite some time.

The difference between BFC and bigger dev houses like EA is 1) BFC actually cares about what customers think especially when they make a valid argument 2) BFC actually cares about what product they create rather than just getting it out the door.

Guest Sgt. Emren
can some small company have its act so far more together
Yes. And it dosn't surprise me. Three guys who are passionate about what they do vs., what, 50 people where half REALLY don't care if the product gets a 7.5 or a 9.0!

BFC's order fulfillment contract is with a company in Vermont. Some of the primary developers live in the wilds of inland Maine (Steve and Charles). Matt hails from southern Ohio and I don't honestly know the whereabouts of Moon (Martin). Kwazydog (Dan) haunts the far reaches of Australia and there are many others who have contributed to these fine games from around the globe. I believe Moon was charged with much of the manual and I recall he is a European (maybe even Finnish, which isn't quite European :D ) and thus the proper spellings of many words.

edited because I really am a moron

[ December 02, 2002, 05:01 PM: Message edited by: kmead ]