Will the manual for CMBB be better than for CMBO?

Originally posted by Michael emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Wolfpack:

The last thing I want to do is waste most of a $30-40 inkjet cartridge on a manual. I don't generally read the manual to play the game, but if I have to look something up, I'd rather not have to print the thing, or exit the game to look for it. I like to take the manual to work and read it in my spare time. With a small manual like the CMBO one, that's pretty easy to do. Not so easy when I'm hauling a bunch of standard printer pages around.

That's why I suggested it be in an editable format, so that you would only print out those sections that you need/want to have in hard copy. You should also be able to resize the page so that you would not be strapped to an 8 1/2X11 format. You could make it digest size if that suited you better. You can have it bound pretty cheaply too.

Michael</font>

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi,

Yup, JonS and CDIC make good points. I spend hugely more on books than on games from BTS. Some form of in-house bookshop, partnership with another organisation would be great.

Within your niche I recon you would shift the books. Very like RZM publishing.

Moon is clearly on the case, even more money for BTS!

All the best,

Kip.

[ April 11, 2002, 08:41 AM: Message edited by: kipanderson ]

I must say that I found the Combat Mission manual to be an excellent product in its own right. No complaints here whatsoever. Considering the fact that most games have manuals little better than what you get in your standard Playstation jewel case I'd have to say that Combat Mission is at the top of it's class. Maybe they'd be interested in coming out with a PDF manual for those who want more indepth coverage and are willing to print off 200+ pages?

I think BTS has said in the past the manuals will never be on the CD for the simple reason it lessens the effectiveness of piracy.

One wonders how vulnerable certain games are to piracy because the manual is on the CD, like the Panzer Campaign Series.

The complexity of the genre makes not having the manual on the CD an excellent means of lessening piracy.

Originally posted by Wilhammer:

I think BTS has said in the past the manuals will never be on the CD for the simple reason it lessens the effectiveness of piracy.

Well, that makes sense I guess. It's the first arguement that has. With the quickly coming ubiquity of PDA's (IMO), an Acrobat version no longer means a cartridge of inkjet ink to get the manual. I've been using my PDA for that kind of thing for a while now. While not everyone has one, I think that the day that most computer savvy folks (like gamers) is coming fairly soon.

Originally posted by Compassion:

Well, that makes sense I guess. It's the first arguement that has. With the quickly coming ubiquity of PDA's (IMO), an Acrobat version no longer means a cartridge of inkjet ink to get the manual. I've been using my PDA for that kind of thing for a while now. While not everyone has one, I think that the day that most computer savvy folks (like gamers) is coming fairly soon.

PDA!?! Heck, I don't even own a cell phone yet.

Originally posted by Enoch:

PDA!?! Heck, I don't even own a cell phone yet.

Phillistine... :D

Just wait... New 'ball and chain' devices keep popping up and a bigwig somewhere keeps deciding that it's a good idea to strap on someone else.

That's the ticket... wonder how I can apply for a job as a bigwig?

[ April 11, 2002, 01:25 PM: Message edited by: Compassion ]