NEW Combat Mission Fansite Up!!!

I have my new site up that I have been working on for a majority of the day. There is A LOT of content to be added such as TACTICS!!! There are a lot of other goodies on the site and I would like your opinions so far. The forums are also up. Apparently it does not work with a WWW in front of the address. The address to the site is:

http://cmtactics.no-ip.com

The 'Tactics' button does not work as of yet. I need to get some of these together first. Given that I've been working on this just today, I think I've gotten a lot done. Please let me know if something doesn't work. I have emailed the guys here at Battlefront to make sure everything used is ok.. Let me know if you guys like it and how it could be improved. Thanks!!!

Sincerely,

Thanks guys. I keep changing/adding things to make it more interesting. However, I wish I knew an easy way to get tactics on there. I could copy and paste them from different threads and give credit where credit is due... But... Would that be appropriate?

Always good to see another CM site ... especially one with a nice 'clean' look to it.

The key to making is a success is keeping it current. There are quite a few old CM sites that are loking somewhat dated.

Im not sure how much traffic you will get on your forum's ... especially as there is a tips forum here. Have you thought about a mod forum, there have been quite a few calls for one here but so far nothing for the modders (old and new) to discuss modding techniques and current work in progress.

A good start - keep it going :cool:

Lou2000

Guest Sgt. Emren

Nice work so far, Ignus. A few suggestions:

--Use stylesheets. It'll make it a lot easier for you to edit stuff sich as fonts, colors and text size later. When you get up to having maybe 10-15 pages, it can be a real pain to edit them all just to alter a heading size sligthly. Stylesheets lets you change *ALL* the pages simultaneously, just by editing a tiny text file.

--Use tables to present information. On the CMBB reviews page, I find the layout a bit disorganized because everything is centered. If you create a table with two columns (the left one for the link, the right one for the excerpt), the layout will look more ordered, and you have more control as a designer.

--Generally, I'm not a fan of centering text, but that's just my taste. IMO, you should try to avoid centering text when you have more than just a few lines.

--Look at other sites for inspiration, and keep up the good work!!!

Now do me a favor...... Use it.... LOLOL.... It's fun to be part of a community like this. Even though I suck at this game, I really think it's a gem and have a lot of fun with it. I am going to try to get a collection of MODS as well to add to the site.

I just updated the hell out of the site. Please visit and let me know what you all think. Thanks!! Also.. I took some advice from some of you and made it more simple so those that don't have java-friendly browsers can enjoy it as well. smile.gif