I'm not scared of KV-1's June 41!

1-Hide German inf platoons in trenches just in front of each flag.

2-Pin the Russian inf down miles away from the flags with on or off-map arty.

3-The KV-1's will therefore have to try capturing the flags themselves.

4-At point-blank range order your hidden inf to pop up and throw grenades etc at the KV's.

5-Order your couple of 88Flaks to open up from the rear.

(Note I take no German tanks at all)

I win more one-player 1250pts QBs than I lose with these tactics despite buying a KV-1-heavy force for him. But how would I do against a human opponent ?!

Yeah... against a seasoned veteran you should be smile.gif

Against the AI KVs and T-34s are easy, I even destroyed one with conscript italian TD (forgot the name, but under 100m and from the back) and one with a conscript pioneer squad (same QB). AI on the offence is really poor... luckily I got a challange from my friend vie e-mail today, off to send a setup smile.gif

Originally posted by Headshot:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Marlow:

AI doesn't area fire trenches and foxholes once they are spotted like a human opponent will.

Human opponent has to spot them first though,but what with if I've pinned his inf with arty far from my positions? tongue.gif </font>

Headshot writes:

1-Hide German inf platoons in trenches just in front of each flag.

2-Pin the Russian inf down miles away from the flags with on or off-map arty.

3-The KV-1's will therefore have to try capturing the flags themselves.

4-At point-blank range order your hidden inf to pop up and throw grenades etc at the KV's.

5-Order your couple of 88Flaks to open up from the rear.

You mean to tell me you are playing defensively in the early stages of the conflict? ATTACK! ATTACK! BLITZKRIEG!

Then when a KV-1 rears it's ugly head and all you have are exposed grenadiers and Panzer MKIII's....UH OH....

i play a lot of scenarios attacking with pz ii, iii, and iv (some 35/38t too)... i'm with that last poster, "see what it's like when you're out in the open and one of those (soviet heavies) pops up"...

there is one scenario with about 70 german tanks (ib, iic, iii, and iv) and for the ii, iii, or iv whenever i get one matched up 1:1 with a t26 or bt, i think, 'oh this one doesn't need to move; this one is ok right here going toe to toe with that soviet tank'... on the other hand, whenever one of my tanks gets 1:1 against a t34 or kv, the thinking is, 'is my tank going to die?... can i retreat in time?... i hope more tanks can close and get los/lof to that bad boy'...

and these are generally veteran/crack axis against conscript/green soviets

in short, facing a t34 or kv on a moment's notice is a dicey affair... those 76mm (and sometimes 152mm) soviet guns make my axis tanks go, 'boom!'

so playing a defensive qb with 88s in position is one thing... in a mobile scenario, without the benefit of emplaced 88s, trying to get instantaneous fire superiority on those soviet monsters is another...because if they're not taken out, a lot of axis tanks go 'boom'...

i have played a few attacks where kv-1's and t-34's have appeared out of the blue (1941) and because i had been using units that were common i had only pz 1's & 2's and a couple of 37mm anti tank guns in my arsenal...ouch! needless to say i was completely pinned down by the buggers. nothing i had could pierce the armour of the tanks and every move i made was pinned by the damn things (they found a convenient hill to rain hell down from).

i for one hate the sight of those titanic kv-1's (when iv got nothing capable of taking them out and im attacking)