I Love Captain Wacky's Low Res Gridded Terrain!

I have just DL'd and installed this low Res grass. This stuff is fantastic. Thank you Capt Wacky. I have a miserable low spec PIII. I could not safely run anything larger than medium scenarios. I have just managed to load up 'Prokhorovka Finale', and twirl around the map with doodads and trees turned on. The grid gives such a good indication of the ground.

Capt Wacky you are plainly marked out for greatness. You have transformed my CMBB gaming experience. I should be happy to make a small contribution to your marketing budget but my wife has cut up my credit cards.

Best Regards.

Originally posted by Silvio Manuel:

Capt. Wacky,

Is tha mod going to be posted anywhere else? That site must be slow or something b/c my 250 speed c.modem is apparently going to take 3 hours to download it.

Thanks,

SM

Know anyplace else that will host 38megs of mods for free? I think you'll have to make do for now. Try using Download Accelerator

Bonjour,

Sure...it's a little bit slow on the d/l... and me with only a dialup modem.. but I do 2 files at a time... didn't take long... and after the install.. the lo-res grids certainly do help me find defilade positions a lot faster... ;) ... thank you Cap'n Wacky...

Cordialement, Duke of Earl

Yes, the thing with the CM Mod Database is a bummer. Not to be a stinkin' ingrate, but it is horribly slow. I'm getting 6 Kb to my normal 200. Again, I don't mean to complain; really just a "heads up" post for everyone interested---oh, and a *bump* for the gridded terrain, in case anyone missed it!

[ November 25, 2002, 12:49 AM: Message edited by: Jack Arilliac ]