Cannot see the opening video for CM:BB

Yeah, i was a little bummed too when i first fired up CMBB to find that theres no intro. :(

But hey, didnt they release the CMBO intro in the first patch? Correct me if im wrong. It does a good job to get ya in the mood for some CM.

Any word on whether there will be a intro done for CMBB?

Despite owning CMBO for over two years, I only saw the opening movie a few weeks ago when Silent Hunter 2 decided to install Quick Time on my PC. Can't say I was particularly impressed, I can understand why they didn't bother for CMBB. FWIW I always preferred the newsreel footage used by Steel Panthers or the film of re-enactors used in the Talonsoft/John Tiller ACW games as intros. The games weren't as good though smile.gif .

[ November 08, 2002, 06:29 AM: Message edited by: Firefly ]

I made an idiot of myself here when CMBB came out, since I was having trouble getting the game to run and looked at the troubleshooting section of the manual. There on bottom of p245 is a ref to possible conflicts with the "opening movie." I wasted several days trying to sort out imaginary QT problems!

Some of the opening flicks for Close Combat were pretty good (sometimes the best thing...).