New mod in the pipeline. Big Pic Inside!

Fresh from the Top Secret Mod Development Lab™ located deep in the woods of beautiful Marin County, California, prototype Cromwell IVs take a test drive...

cromwells.jpg

More sneak peeks have been sent to PawBroon.

smile.gif

...They're not finished yet, BTW.

[editid cuz i'm a bad spelur]

[ March 30, 2002, 02:35 AM: Message edited by: AndrewTF ]

Well done Andrew,

Good to see the pop rivets that clearly! Your mods are one of my favourites. Gordon, I assume, is still busy with your CMMOS Uniform mods, as I have not seen it being released. Just checking, as I'm sometimes away from this BB for days at a stretch. smile.gif

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

header_Winelands02.gif

-----------------

"Work is the curse of the drinking class."

-- Oscar Wilde

Andrew,

Very nice. One suggestion is that the markings might look better and be more historical if they were on the lower and/or upper hull front surfaces rather than the fenders. Note, however that BTS re-uses the front BMP for the front of the COAX MG, so you'll see any hull front markings reproduced there in exquisite miniature detail. smile.gif

btw, I've been working on something that will eat those British tin-cans for lunch. :D

Gordon

Originally posted by Gordon:

Andrew,

Very nice. One suggestion is that the markings might look better and be more historical if they were on the lower and/or upper hull front surfaces rather than the fenders. Note, however that BTS re-uses the front BMP for the front of the COAX MG, so you'll see any hull front markings reproduced there in exquisite miniature detail. smile.gif

btw, I've been working on something that will eat those British tin-cans for lunch. :D

Gordon

Gordon,

I hear you! I've seen the markings in all sorts of spots on the Cromwell, so I may leave those there on this version, and put them in an alternate location on the OTHER version. I've seen what you're working on, and it's VERY impressive to the point of making me feel vaguely inadequate. Buy Cromwells in bulk, I guess... :D

Originally posted by WineCape:

Thanks Keith. You'll be then the one that we must bug I suppose. ;)

No problem. I thought you would like to know they are almost ready. I remember you asking a few times before when Andrew's German uniforms would be ready for CMMOS. I would have had them ready much sooner but RealLife got in the way.

There are also a couple of new German uniforms included in the CMMOS release that have not been previously released.

Keith

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Your welcome. I've sent pix of alternate version to PawBroon today. He'll make them available on his next update. smile.gif

Which should be VERY soon if anyone cares since I've been sent MODs by the dozens as soon as I uploaded my latest update.

Those MODs are just perfect.

I don't want to be an heretic but from a strict MODing standpoint, CMBO is getting better and better and most MODs won't get the Ultra HiRes Treatement before CMBB.

So please BTS, don't release CMBB before Fall 2003.

:D

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Gordon

Is there a CMMOS ruleset that includes the Cromwell? I'd like to set it up to be CMMOS compatible.

Andrew,

The multi-vehicle Icons in the "Commonwealth Vehicles" RuleSet (e.g. 11th Arm.Div., 4th Arm.Bde., Guards Arm.Div., Polish Army), and the "Winter Allied Vehicles" RuleSet (e.g. whitewashed, snow-covered, etc.) will swap between the "standard" formations as long as the files are named properly. Creating Cromwell-specific Icons is easily done once you finalize your plans. Are you planning on doing Mark-specific versions a la Marco's Shermans or Feldgrau's Churchills?

Gordon

Nah, no model-specific versions at this point, just camo and plain green, and maybe Polish and Canadian. I don't mean to be clueless on the CMMOS matter, but I'm just a clueless Mac user...

Can you clue me in on the filenaming conventions for Polish & Canadian versions? You did instruct me on the camo/non-camo UK filenames.