Its all in the details............

Damn Im impressed....the sound of lead hitting the soil as bolshevik gunners run for thier lives..Sparks flying off the turrets of KV-Is'just before the turret gets knocked off from the ring, beautiful detail on those KV's too! The hull down and arc commands.....! Trees swaying in the wind.. I'm sure i'm missing somthin'..... You guys fill in the rest!

Guest Panzer Boxb

Seeing only one tread animate when a KV-1S rotates to engage a new target.

Chunks of debris flying away as a building is blown up.

The SOUNDS are fan-farkin'-tastic!!! I am aware of only one game that has better sounds than this, and it is a state of the art FPS (which, as a genre, are most often focused on such matters to the detriment of gameplay).

Have you guys noticed the molotov cocktail - chuckin' tank hunters? :D

Guest Panzer Boxb
Originally posted by Agua:

The SOUNDS are fan-farkin'-tastic!!! I am aware of only one game that has better sounds than this, and it is a state of the art FPS (which, as a genre, are most often focused on such matters to the detriment of gameplay).

Oh yes, the additional immersion from the sound effects is quite awesome.

Have you guys noticed the molotov cocktail - chuckin' tank hunters? :D
Yeah, I, and the rest of my Panzers, noticed them...aimed at them...fired at them...and then proceeded to notice them running away for a brief period.

I drove my panzers all the way to the end of the map just to blow up those two building and see what happens. It was sooo cool!!! I cant wait for Berlin . . .

The dirt kicking up around their feet was one of the first amazing things that I noticed. Most of all, the new infantry models are amazing! not to mention the tanks also.

Chad

Exactly. It's all in the details.

What has impressed me the most so far (haven't played yet)is the four-eyed dude in Russian uniform. If you click in the unit, it may say something like:

Possible nerd programer. Cover arc Double Bonus.

Isn't that great? I hope this is a warning and not a spoiler of the endless possiblities of the game and not a spoiler for the many surprises we are yet to see.

If the man hadn't say "I'm going to cut some wood, be back in five" and Instead had say "I'll cut you some slack", I would had been lucky enough to get some sleep. But, hey, let's keep those trees swaying!!!

I agree with most of everything posted above. A wonderful, fantastic effort by Battlefront.com!

However; the voice acting needs some more tuning to my ears. I swear that some of the voices sound like they were recorded inside a bathroom with an echo. Definitely not up to the same quality of the rest of the work that shines in the demo.

Also, the shock wave bubble effects are gone! I love the shock wave bubbles from artillery and around tank gun barrels in CMBO. They make up with visual what your speakers can't possibly re-create. Bring back the shock waves!

Originally posted by Toad:

I agree with most of everything posted above. A wonderful, fantastic effort by Battlefront.com!

However; the voice acting needs some more tuning to my ears. I swear that some of the voices sound like they were recorded inside a bathroom with an echo. Definitely not up to the same quality of the rest of the work that shines in the demo.

Also, the shock wave bubble effects are gone! I love the shock wave bubbles from artillery and around tank gun barrels in CMBO. They make up with visual what your speakers can't possibly re-create. Bring back the shock waves!

While I am incredibly grateful for what has been accomplished with CMBB, I have to agree with Toad's assessment of the voices and shock waves. I REALLY miss the shock waves. Artillery just looks plain wimpy without them. Right now, it is kind-of hard to tell where artillery lands. Can that be changed with a mod? If so, I look forward to it. (Please, please someone say it can be.)

On another note, I like CMBB so much, I may NEVER go back to playing CMBO. Heck, I'm considering even removing it entirely from my HD. CMBB is so great that I'm afraid that going back to CMBO will only be a let down.

Thank you VERY MUCH BTS, BFC, etc... for making CMBB. I have a pleasant feeling that the next three weeks will simply fly by.

smile.gif

My eyes nearlly filled with tears when I started the German version of the Demo yesterday afteroon after seeing the details in the interface, trees, swamp, soliders and AFVs. After that, I lost 95%-5% as Allied.

I am sure there will be tears when I get the full games in my hands. smile.gif

Did someone mentioned T-74? I though there were T-34 and KV-1s in the game and T-72 is something way later. Nevermind.