"Hand's up !" "I surrender" voices in CMBB - in enemy's language

I wonder if it would be more life-like to have cuptured troops sometimes yell "I surrunder" in the language of the enemy. I remember talking to my grandfather and he confirmed than many of his comrades knew such words in german. It was considered smart to ask not to shoot in the language of the enemy, chances are they'll understand you better smile.gif

Same goes for russians yelling "hande hoh !" to captured germans.

Would you guys (BTS) consider adding such sounds ?

[ May 17, 2002, 01:17 PM: Message edited by: dima ]

But weren't there variences in slang, or accents dependent upon the region from where the friendly/enemy troops came from. I mean, hande hoh might serve for someone from Minsk, but someone from Moscow might make it sound more like handy ho or somefink. Like with German, where one might shout Nicht Schiezen, or nein trigger gefinger pullin. :D

Before someone starts to castigate poor Pushbroom over his NICHT GEFINGERPOKEN, remember that he is, after all, French and that his recollections of the war and war stories from his countrymen would have seen real use of the GEFINGERPOKEN attack, since they didn't seem to have a handle on how to use the more advanced weapons available to them at the time...

Back to the 'pool!

*splash*

"No chute! No chute!" - landswehr surrendering to Yankees. :eek:

"Nix chasin'! Nix chasin'!" - GI surrendering to Germans. :eek:

I remember how they taught us sailors how to say thank you in Japanese: "Don't touch my moustache." (For, "Doe tashe ma****a" or something like that.)

Originally posted by dima:

I wonder if it would be more life-like to have cuptured troops sometimes yell "I surrunder" in the language of the enemy. I remember talking to my grandfather and he confirmed than many of his comrades knew such words in german. It was considered smart to ask not to shoot in the language of the enemy, chances are they'll understand you better smile.gif

Same goes for russians yelling "hande hoh !" to captured germans.

Would you guys (BTS) consider adding such sounds ?

That is an excellent point, actually. It amazes me the little details that still come up on this board (it applies equally to CMBO, natch).

British Tommies yelling "Nicht Schiessen"....lots of stories of Germans yelling the only English words they knew to Allied troops - such as "Uncle" or "Hello" etc. because they were so scared they didn't know what else to yell.

Has possibilities....

Originally posted by apex:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />isn't that a german proctologist??

Great. Coffee on my screen and the keyboard is swimming. Please do not post something like this where people might read it just after breakfast.

apex</font>

Originally posted by M Hofbauer:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by CMplayer:

In any case, aren't those sound files modable? If so there's no need to wait for BTS to do it.

just switch the wav-file numbers between the two.</font>

Hello people!

BTW... it says "hands up!" means "Habe oben"

and the words "I surrender" means "Ich gebe über"

And I never heard that "NICHT GEFINGERPOKEN" Now that nicht means is "not" but that "gef.... :confused: " must be that slang.

I had my High School(long time ago)...So I might be wrong.. :rolleyes:

[ May 18, 2002, 11:57 AM: Message edited by: EasyCo ]

Originally posted by EasyCo:

Hello people!

BTW... it says "hands up!" means "Habe oben"

and the words "I surrender" means "Ich gebe über"

:

No nitpicking here but " hands up " means " Hände hoch " and " I surrender " translates to " Ich ergebe mich ".

'gerfingerpoken' comes from this little diatribe that was once posted in every computer ops room in the world:

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Das computermachine ist nicht fuer gefingerpoken und mittengrabben.

Ist easy schnappen der springenwerk, blowenfusen und poppencorken

mit spitzensparken. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen.

Das rubbernecken sichtseeren keepen das cotten-pickenen hans in

das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das blinkenlichten.

see:

http://www.hyperdictionary.com/dictionary/blinkenlights

Or its counterpart:

ATTENTION

This room is fullfilled mit special electronische equippment.

Fingergrabbing and pressing the cnoeppkes from the computers is allowed for die experts only! So all the "lefthanders" stay away and do not disturben the brainstorming von here working intelligencies.

Otherwise you will be out thrown and kicked anderswhere!

Also: please keep still and only watchen astaunished the blinkenlights.

That's a Tit for Tat.

And for those who are not into Nostalgia and Memorablia, the Newest version about the Net:

ACHTUNG! ALLES LOOKENSPEEPERS!

Das Internet is nicht fuer gefingerclicken und giffengrabben. Ist easy droppenpacket der routers und overloaden der backbone mit der spammen und der me-tooen. Ist nicht fuer gewerken bei das dumpkopfen. Das mausklicken sichtseeren keepen das bandwit-spewin hans in das pockets muss; relaxen und watchen das cursorblinken.

That's sorted then...

:D

British Tommies yelling "Nicht Schiessen"....lots of stories of Germans yelling the only English words they knew to Allied troops - such as "Uncle" or "Hello" etc. because they were so scared they didn't know what else to yell.
Now I've heard the same thing happened with the Japanese. "No shoot Joe", or "You havey gum". When a man is scared out of his wits he might say almost anything. "Alright, alright aready Honey, your Mom can live here anything, just let me play the damn game okay!" :D

[ May 18, 2002, 11:34 PM: Message edited by: Bruno Weiss ]