One more splash screen on the road

Originally posted by Le Tondu:

I think that it is really nice. Good job.

It seems that splash screens are either showing an all axis theme or an all Russian theme. Is it possible to have one where it shows both sides equally? Thanks.

I did that with my previous effort:

splash3.jpg

smile.gif

Sytass, I think you would get alot of mileage out of variations on that first, (second?) screen, the pastel map background with the red/yellow blend Gothic font and icons.

The map is beautiful all by itself (!) and that red/yellow blend you chose is an absolutely perfect counterpoint to it, imho.

Anyhow, I've looked for your screen and can't find it- it's not at Tom's, it's not at Kump's...? Do I need a different version for 800x600, btw?

Eden

Uh...

A "splash screen" is the main screen in-game, right, with the buttons to start game, or design scenario or whatever?

How about the pic that appears on screen two seconds after you double-click the CMBB icon? What's that called? And is it possible to change it? (I browsed the .bmps but couldn't find anything...)

Originally posted by Sytass:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Le Tondu:

I think that it is really nice. Good job.

It seems that splash screens are either showing an all axis theme or an all Russian theme. Is it possible to have one where it shows both sides equally? Thanks.

I did that with my previous effort:

splash3.jpg

smile.gif </font>

Ok, since Tom is still not back in business (I presume he has the flue as he mentioned that in a mail to me a week ago) I posted the second splash screen (with the map) on my webspace for the time being.

Beware: That one's only available in 1024x768 so far!

Here is the download link.

The Soviet one is still a work in progress. I will especially change the font to something else, I am not quite content with that one, either, yet.

Originally posted by Sytass:

Beware: That one's only available in 1024x768 so far!

Excellent. Now if you will make it fit 1280x1024, you will have a huge fanbase of people like me running at higher resolution. Like the Soviet army, we are growing larger in number and resources everyday! smile.gif

Ok, I'll make another attemt now that I'm sober and hopefully lucid. :cool:

A splash screen is the main game screen. Ok. I have the one with the Soviet propaganda posters and it is excellent!

But what about the picture that gets displayed (at least on a win98 rig) right at the start of booting the game? Any way of changing that one? (Can't find the relevant bmp)

Originally posted by Epée:

I really like your new one.

Higher res would be just awesome.

BTW, do you have a large bmp of the russian holding the flag over the reichstag?

I would love to have that single picture as my splash screen!

Still working on the Soviet design... largest picture of the flag on the Reichstag I found only fills half the width of a 1024x768 screen. tongue.gif

Glad you people like the download I put up. I'm not sure if I'd get to make a 1280x1024 version of it, since I originally designed it in 1024x768. I hope to find the time sometime soon to make a 800x600 version, though.

Originally posted by Joques:

But what about the picture that gets displayed (at least on a win98 rig) right at the start of booting the game? Any way of changing that one? (Can't find the relevant bmp)[/QB]

I think the one you are looking for is 11003.bmp

[not sure what that screen/pic is called]

Guest Sgt. Emren

Sytass:

If you want to translate, phonetically, "Combat Mission: Barbarossa to Berlin" into cyrillic letters, I believe this is closer than what you currently have (in the top screenie): ;)

Комбат Миссион: Барбаросса то Берлин

Or, in all-caps:

КОМВАТ МИССИОН: БАРБАРОССА ТО БЕРЛИН

[ November 03, 2002, 06:08 AM: Message edited by: Sgt. Emren ]