To all winners of various wine sponsored CMBO Tourney's (incl. Charles/Ted/Tree)

Gentlemen,

Been away from home/work sporadically for almost a month, to come back and horror upon horror, my 20-GB Fijitsu HDD crashed 3 days ago and I lost all the addresses of the various wine prize winners in the WineCape sponsored CMBO tourney's. I need the following delivery addresses; please e-mail it to WineCape@global.co.za.

SuperTed's (for B/T's RoW II scenarios)

Ari Maenpaa (Invitational winner)

Wreck (RoW I winner)

Charles Moylan (the "thank you" gift from the forum)

Treeburst155 - Tree, you live in Arkansas? USA winelaws state that "Direct Shipments via Common Carrier Prohibited" to your state. Well, that's what www.WineInstitute.org says anyway. See also their State-by-State analysis next to the chart...

Don't want you to test-case your consignment on some silly importation technicality smile.gif Have you received liquor before, or better, do you know a friend that lives in, say Louisiana, as these residents can receive wines without any hassle? Let me know.

Fangorn, hopefully Brazilian customs has released your wine bottles today? Let me know. I faxed the necassary document to your supplied fax number at 11:00am local time (GMT +2).

MadMatt, did you receive your goodies? If not, my best estimate is the end of July 2002. Snail mail is just ... that.

Thanks!

WineCape

[ July 12, 2002, 08:35 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

SuperTed, send me your home address, not your e-mail address. Difficult to send wines via e-mail ya know... tongue.gif

Charles and rest of BTS' crew, your 12 bottle consignment posted today, expect delivery time in 8-12 weeks!

Still looking for Ari Maenpaa's address to deliver his goodies...

[ July 15, 2002, 10:58 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

• 2 weeks later...

I just got wine in the mail! Woohoo!

I wondered how one ships relatively fragile things like glass bottles; now I know. The packaging is styrofoam, cleverly molded the shape of wine bottles. All bottles are intact!

Mmm, I think it is steak tonight, and a lovely red. A cabernet sauvignon, methinks. But should it be Devon Hill? Le Riche? L'Avenir? Who knows; not me. Ah, the adventure of new wine!

Once again my thanks to you Charl. I expect to be much more thankful tonight once that wine hits the palate!

[ July 29, 2002, 02:17 PM: Message edited by: Wreck ]

Wreck,

Always good to hear that wines were received as INTENDED. Enjoy your South African sunshine in a bottle, you deserved it! BTW, the Devon Hill Cab is the softest of the 3 mentioned above, and can be drunk immediately. The other cab's can be drunk now, can also go the distance of 7-10 years, but please, don't wait that long; life is too short watching wines mature in a bottle :D

Ohh yes, PROST Wreck!

Uber General,

Yup, the very day I gave the HDD in at the computer shop (it was still under warranty) a gentleman came in and had the EXACT same problem. I was informed by the sales person that Fijitsu HDD were taken of the market in South Africa - replaced with Western Digital or Seagate, I have a choice here.

I did inform him that it would have been nice (i.e. read good customer service) to contact all their customers that bought these HDD's the past few months and inform them that "Hey, I think we have sold you a dud, better trade in or back-up ASAP."

They knew from last year already that these Fijitsu's were faulty. The latter was slipped to me by the a charming sales lady before she was bumbled to the back office to presumable make some coffee/tee :eek:

Originally posted by Sir Uber General:

Off topic WC, but you should know that those Fuji 20GB drives are absolutely shocking. I have purchased roughly 20 of them a year or 2 ago. I have returned at least 30 drives - some drives have been returned three times!!!

NEVER BUY FUJI 20's!!

Hey, Fuji as in the film maker company is actually a good shop. Please edit your post before the press police gets you.