ROW Vets: Who's staying with CMBO?

Just a suggestion T.B.

You may be missing out on gaining interest from some people as when they see the thread they could assume it's all about having a crappy computer which wont run CMBB particularly well. You might want to consider changing the title to the thread by deleting the bit "due to hardware". I almost missed looking at it myself since I don't have a problem with my hardware (now) and wasn't going to bother looking at the subject because of it.

Just a thought.

Regards

Jim R.

Originally posted by Alan:

Not to gloat but my PC has both a DVD and a CD-RW drive. I have CMBO in one and CMBB in another. No more switching CDs for me. :D

Exactly. Same here. :cool:

[ November 04, 2002, 10:08 AM: Message edited by: WineCape ]

Treeburst - try Daemon Tools. It enables you to set up "virtual CDs" on your HDD thereby eliminating the need to continually swap the CDs around. It really is a timesaver if you play both CM games and avoids the danger of damaging one or the other CD with constant disk swapping.

Rob

Looks real interesting, Rob; but quite involved. First you need the disk image (1:1 copy), which requires another piece of software. IOW, I would probably have to spend several hours before I was actually running CM without the CD. Thanks anyway. It's an interesting site.

Treeburst155 out.

True Treeburst and it does require a fair amount of HDD space for your "virtual images". But at least I can forget which CD is currently in my drive when I fire up CM. The other solution, of course, is to buy a second CD drive so long as you have a spare EIDE connection inside your PC.

Rob

Still enjoying the good ol' CMBO occasionally.

It has been a long time since I have played any competition games, though.

The game will remain on my HD in eternam (or until the latter explodes)just for the fond memories I have gaming it.

BTW, hi Sergio.

I added another CD drive when CMBB arrived, making 4 overall.

Well, anyway, hi Treeburst! After claiming that CMBO is crap since the arrival of CMBB I now came to the conclusion that there are issues with CMBB which will make me like another round of CMBO.

In a word, I am in (and out of my CMBO arrogance chair).

Redwolf,

It's clear you have too many CD drives to keep track of. Please send one of them to me ASAP. :D

Yeah, CMBO is still every bit as good as it always was. The arrival of CMBB doesn't change that. Besides, they still have some bugs in CMBB to work out.

I noticed that Boots & Tracks recently released a couple more CMBO scenarios. If this forum is active enough, we may see the big design names devoting more time to CMBO.

We have two problems to overcome before we can hold another CMBO tourney (RoW style). The first is that we need scenarios, and the second is me getting the time to organize the thing.

December 1st the signups begin for the B&T CMBB tourney. This will eat up a good chunk of my free time; BUT, work will be real slow for me for a couple months starting about December 20th.

I think I've seen enough AARs now to design some fun FICTIONAL scenarios for a tourney. I'd really like to try it. You guys would be the guinea pigs. :D The big question here is, would people want to PLAY in a tourney with fictional TB155 scenarios? :eek:

Treeburst155 out.