Uniform MOD Extravaganza! Big Pix Inside!

Yes, folks, it's a whole mess-o-MODs, on their way to Tom's CMHQ right now.

Let me tell you what you get:

You get two--that's right, TWO--different texture sets for the early-war German Heer. One is a slightly greener version of the "M36" Feldgrau uniform, and the other is a "subdued" version of the same.

m36.jpg

You also get a set of mid-war Heer textures

42gebirgs.jpg

plus, as an added bonus, a full set of winter textures for all! Winter uniforms for early war troops are mouse-grey, and mid-war uniforms are offered in both grey and white.

Early winter:

winter1.jpg

Mid-war grey:

winter3.jpg

Mid-war white:

winter2.jpg

Due to my crappy 32MB video card, you can't see all the fabulous detail here, so download them and be (slightly) amazed! smile.gif

All textures were built up from scratch, so everything here is new--uniforms, field gear, etc. The Gebirgsjäger cap even has buttons!

gb1.jpg

Textures for late-war Heer coming soon, as are new camo uniforms for you l33t waffengrandiere!

wg_1.jpg

Mmmm....delicious uniform goodness. I like em'! Especially cool are the whitewashed helmets and the bespectacled fellows. It's about time us four-eyed types got some respect in the mod world, dammit.

Thanks, Andrew.

Hopefully Tom's links are currently working!

Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Yes, folks, it's a whole mess-o-MODs, on their way to Tom's CMHQ right now.

Excuse my ignorance, but didn't German soldeirs wear greatcoats during the winter? If not always, when did they wear them?

Henri

Originally posted by Henri:

Excuse my ignorance, but didn't German soldeirs wear greatcoats during the winter? If not always, when did they wear them?

Henri

Well, they wore them when they were cold of course!

Unfortunately, CMBB does not model the long greatcoat, so alternatives must be found. It's too bad, as it would have looked really cool, and added a lot of atmosphere to the winter scenarios.

If at all possible, please send your future mods to other places including Tom's site. Quite a few of us are having headaches downloading anything from Tom's site despite following various suggestions like turning off download programs, etc. Downloading from there is pretty much a crap shoot now.

Originally posted by Commissar:

If at all possible, please send your future mods to other places including Tom's site. Quite a few of us are having headaches downloading anything from Tom's site despite following various suggestions like turning off download programs, etc. Downloading from there is pretty much a crap shoot now.

See posts above. Also, Tom told me he is taking care of the problem.

Thanks again Tom for hosting a Wonderful

site, STUFFED with lots of goodies....

I think I have downloaded about 50%

of the Mods so far..

CMBB , CMBO as good as it gets..

bnickb

(WC Fields) once put it:

"I cook with wine, sometimes I add it to the food"

[ October 27, 2002, 10:27 PM: Message edited by: bobnickbob ]

I just wanted to write and say thanks to AndrewTF, You have to be one of the best modders out there for CM,you did excellent work for CM and I hope that I will be able to mod half as good as you, I have never seen any mod you have done look anything less then great. I think you and other modders like you should get a hell of a lot more recongnition for what you do for the game. Look at CM for instance, the stock game right off the cd, is well ok as far as the eye candy goes, but you and others like you make the game WOW! with your kick ass mods you produce. agian thanks for the mods

Apparently I included an extra bmp in the 41 winter set. 59034.bmp is actually the Gebirgsjäger arm from the grey 42 winter that crept in there by mistake. Don't install it, especially if you are using the winter white option, as your mid-war mountain troops will look a little strange with one white and one grey arm!

Due to my crappy 32MB video card, you can't see all the fabulous detail here, so download them and be (slightly) amazed!

Hey Andrew - are you sure other people with grunty cards can see more detail than you? On my computer your mods look the same as your screenshots, and I'd love to know if my infantry textures are being down-sampled at all.

Could someone with a high spec card post a pic of the mods to compare?

Excellent work again, BTW

[ October 28, 2002, 07:48 PM: Message edited by: tecumseh ]

Originally posted by tecumseh:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by AndrewTF:

Due to my crappy 32MB video card, you can't see all the fabulous detail here, so download them and be (slightly) amazed!

Hey Andrew - are you sure other people with grunty cards can see more detail than you? On my computer your mods look the same as your screenshots, and I'd love to know if my infantry textures are being down-sampled at all.</font>

Again really nice work Andrew. I got that errant bmp out out the winter '41 file & now the Gebirgjaegers et all have matching arms. Would it be possible to put red " field signs " ( 1 red stripe ) on each arm? I've seen this in books & it seems to be fairly common.

I'm positive that they're being downsampled. Juju was kind enough to take some screenshots of the using the beta version of this mod and there really is a difference. I think that any video card under 64 MB results in downsampling.

That is a shame...a pity one of our best modders can't see his own work properly. And a pity I can't appreciate it fully either on my 32MB card :(smile.gif

I am still interested to see what CMBB looks like on a good card...would you be able to post Juju's screenshots at 100% to compare and see what i'm missing?

[ October 29, 2002, 02:53 AM: Message edited by: tecumseh ]