No women on the eastern front?

Originally posted by T34Rules:

Excellent point, as there were many. However, from what i can tell, most looked like men anyway, so i guess it doesnt make much sense to model them. If they looked like Petra Verkaik, however, that would be a different story.

A guards company of Anna Kornakovas would not be too shabby either.

ktliarova.jpg

Antonina Kotliarova – she was supposedly a sniper but liberated Warsaw with a submachinegun. (Ok - don't fancy this lady - then what about -)

kalugina.jpg

Klavdia Kalugina Sniper with 1156th Regiment, 344th Rifle Division, 33rd Army

“A.D. What was the usual distance you fired from?

At the school or at the front?

A.D. At the front.

1200 meters, and 200 meters. Our lines were close. Once Germans attacked our trench and took some girls prisoner, and killed them there. They killed Klava Monakhova. Only one soldier survived, there was an abandoned dug-out, simply a hole in the soil covered with a ground-sheet with snow on top, he hid there. Germans held out for a day, so he spent the day there. “

You can read more about Russian Women soldiers on http://www.iremember.ru/index_e.htm

So it was a serious request tongue.gif

Originally posted by T34Rules:

Excellent point, as there were many. However, from what i can tell, most looked like men anyway, so i guess it doesnt make much sense to model them. If they looked like Petra Verkaik, however, that would be a different story.

Cultural taste and dietary issues aside, I have seen photos of attractive women in Soviet service. But there's a lot of stereotyping in your comment, which is hardly complimentary upon your outlook and/or erudition. :rolleyes:

Originally posted by gunnergoz:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by T34Rules:

Cultural taste and dietary issues aside, I have seen photos of attractive women in Soviet service. But there's a lot of stereotyping in your comment, which is hardly complimentary upon your outlook and/or erudition. :rolleyes: </font>