A mod question for Andrew.

Oh man, I knew someone was going to call me on this :rolleyes:

Sorry, I just haven't had too much MODing time these past few weeks. The Pershing is probably 90% done. I ran into a distortion problem with the commander's cupola, and I have to re-do the bmps to make a sort of compromise so it doesn't look TOO strange. Almost there. I'll see if I can dig up a screenshot.

Chaffee is maybe 50% finished. Before you start getting on my case for working on it instead of the Pershing, understand that I did a lot of it at work during a slow period when my boss was gone (and always on my lunch break. Yeah, that's right, on my lunch break ;) ).

I can try to get it done this weekend. Emphasis on "try".

Also, to be brutally honest, I've been bitten by the CMBB bug, and I'm really kind of distracted by thoughts of its impending delivery.

Hey Andrew not and never would get on your case. I just thought I'd ask about it. You certainly don't have to apologize for anything. We just appreciate what you have done so far for the game and certainly don't expect anything from you - but it sure will be neat when you do get around to it. Thanks for the reply Andrew. Appreciate it. smile.gif

Andrew that is one extremely great looking tank. OK forget what I said about not hurrying - please hurry. ;) I am dying to drive that around and give those Panthers a little punishment for a change. Man, the coloring is perfect and the detail is about the best I've seen. Great job Andrew. Do let us know just as soon as it's done if you will? Thanks a lot for the pictures but I think that just made the waiting that much worst. :(;)

No, your not the only one. Many drool on those screen shots. Its just, well, some are more patient than others.

Stating that Andrew's work is astounding is repeating the obvious and something I'm sure he is tired of hearing. Hmmm... maybe not.

Andrew, that work is astounding! I mean gorgeous! Drop down killer MOD!

And I'm not kidding.

Now I'll switch to kidding mode.

Hey Andrew, what pavement are you using?

Yea, I recognized Magua pavement right away. But just couldn't resist the grass tradition.

My plan is to include terrain, to include grass no less. Problem is how do I show it with the small images. Oh well, will have to do.

Maybe it can be printed and folks can hold up the grass samples to the screen when looking at screen shots and drop the "what grass are you using" question. Something like a carpet sample kit. Hey, maybe we can put some samples on a plastic ring and sale it to the mod slut community? tongue.gif

Wonderful Pershing mod by the way. I finished the Shermans for the MOD Catalogue, so making good progress. You think you can have that thing done before I wrap up the American unit list? Would be so lacking without that beauty adorning its pages.

lcm1947, you now owe me for adding my own sneaky method of spurring Andrew on for this Pershing mod. I don't like to do such things, happy to get it whenever its done. But these screen shots Andrew keeps showing is pure torture.

Andrew, put me on your e-mail list (WineCape@global.co.za) when you've done with your Pershing as well as Chaffee mod, will you?

A sure beaut these piccies! I'm just afraid I'll miss your release being away from home/work at odd times due to sporting activities.

Much obliged in advance.

Sincerely,

Charl Theron

I will try to finish it this weekend. If you look at the pics, you can see that the commander's cupola is not symmetrical, and trying to make the sights fit properly was making me want to tear my hair out. I need to figure out a solution for that problem, and fix some issues with the toolboxes on the fenders, and then it's done. I suppose a lucky few will get the beta version soon... ;)

Thanks Kump for the help. I was beginning to think that I was the only one dying to get this mod in the game. I bet when it's done everybody will be wanting it. Well Andrew, good luck on getting your problems solved on completeing the Pershing. I know it's going to be worth the wait.