New Bones Thread

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, BFC, provide for 2, 3, 4 and more players if possible. No need to put some sort of command structure artificially into place as we humans can do that quite well, thank you. Something as easy as team points split among the players, adjusted, of course, for the type of battle being played. Also a sliding scale could be used to adjust the amount of points a player recived from the Overall Commander, couple this with the ability to allot/shift reinforcements among players would be the cat's meow.

Co-op play will not be in the first CMx2 release, but is planned for the second. The amount of coding and testing for this one feature is simply far too much for us to do. We had the same issue with CMBO's Internet and everybody was very happy with that. In other words, not having to wait 6 months EXTRA simply because one optional feature wasn't complete.

Steve

Jon, true but there is another difference. Interent play in CMx1 was simply an extension of the existing system. CoPlay (as we have begun to call it) is not a mere extension of an existing system but a huge NEW feature. Hence us not even thinking about putting it in for the first release since we would have to bump the release time at least 6 months.

Some sort of server application will likely need to be written, who knows what sorts of interface issues will need to be resolved, game system wise it opens up huge cans of worms, etc. Testing is also going to be a nightmare.

Will we make CoPlay a feature that can be be usable for the 1st game even though it is released with the 2nd game? Honestly, I don't know. In theory I'd say this is the way we would like to do it. However, we won't be able to say for sure until we get there.

Steve

Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Will we make CoPlay a feature that can be be usable for the 1st game even though it is released with the 2nd game? Honestly, I don't know. In theory I'd say this is the way we would like to do it. However, we won't be able to say for sure until we get there.

In theory I'd say fair enough.

Originally posted by Martin Krejcirik:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Battlefront.com:

Co-op play will not be in the first CMx2 release, but is planned for the second.

Steve, if this happen and the game two gets a co-op, do you plan to backport it back to the game one ?

Martin </font>

Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

(BUT to be honest I cannot see any financial incentive for them to do this?)

Well, by that logic, where is the financial incentive for them to do anything? After all, it'd be far easier to just redo CMBO with the CMAK engne.

Originally posted by JonS:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by aka_tom_w:

(BUT to be honest I cannot see any financial incentive for them to do this?)

Well, by that logic, where is the financial incentive for them to do anything? After all, it'd be far easier to just redo CMBO with the CMAK engne. </font>

I can say that the deciding factor, or at least the primary deciding factor, about making a feature backwards compatible is time. If it is something that takes us no time, then sure... why not give it to you guys? But if it takes a lot of time, the answer will be no. As you all know, there are two universal rules that we must pay attention to:

1. Time is Money

2. Time is Limited

Then there is that Death and Taxes thingy too, but that doesn't come into play here tongue.gif

Steve