Knifefight at Cecina LAR

BigDork

Melnibone,

Har har!

RawRecruit,

I now know (from reading the linked historical account) that the action starts at around 8:30 p.m. local time, so it should be dark. Given the time, I confess myself surprised there was even enough light to see by, let alone fight effectively. Was it the summer solstice?

As for typos, here's the first batch.

20:30:09

Change "alright" to "all right"

20:30:12

Insert comma after "engines" (in the 1st yellow box). Change "upclouds" to "up clouds" and "this"

to "these" (2nd yellow box).

20:30:56

Change "Lt" to "Lt." Change "McGrouty" to "McGourty" Insert a comma after "gunner" Believe the gunner should peer through, rather than down the "gunsights" (one word, not two)--unless he's using that roof mounted blade sight some Shermans had as a last resort backup system.

20:31:33

Delete "in" as redundant (yellow box). Two of the speech balloons lack periods.

Briefing at Div HQ

Night overhead recon imagery? Cute concept, but hardly realistic. May have to live with it, though.

A better approach would be a simple sketch map or overlay with goose eggs superimposed showing the platoon positions and diamond symbols? for the tanks.

20:32:27

Period is missing in "Charlie 2 to Charlie 4"

20:33:00

Change "armour" to "armor" (Yanks speaking, afterall; this may be an artifact of who owns the site--Southern Hemisphere?) Change "it" to "them"

since we are discussing sounds.

22:33:49

Lower speech balloon. Text got lopped off entirely.

22:33:55

Speech balloons need to be lowered a bit. Part of text in top one is lopped off.

22:33:59

Insert comma after "you" in bottom speech balloon.

For "shrapnel" please use "fragments" and modify the passage to read "by fragments that ricochet and whine" Several run on sentences in that paragraph

need to be fixed.

The relative darkness of my display compared to yours may simply be one of those maddening issues which make things like web site design so maddeningly difficult at times. I know there's a great deal of variation in how monitors display a given input signal.

Keep up the good work! More typo corrections later.

Regards,

John Kettler

Wow! Right...errrmmm...that's quite exhaustive! I might revisit the pages to fix some of that (prob. not all) but I think I'll bash on with the rest first. Thanks for taking the time to read the LAR, though, John! smile.gif

PS As for the recon photos, I just wanted a way to convey the positions at certain points. Keep y'all updated. Never mind night photos...taking pictures over the battle, getting them developed and to Div. HQ in seconds is hardly realistic! But then...it is a comic...! :D

Originally posted by 752ndTank:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />RawRecruit is now doing his own Knifefight at Cecina LAR.

Enjoyed seeing this interpretation of the Cecina Tiger vs. Sherman engagement. For anyone interested, the accurate historical details that RawRecruit based his cartoon on can be found on my web page:

http://www.752ndtank.com/cecina.html

This page now includes some new Signal Corps film footage of GIs inspecting the wreck of Tiger 221 a few days after the battle.

Bob </font>

Thanks! It was a lot of fun to make! I was also impressed how well I did. The couple of times I've played it before I've lost at least 2-3 Sherms. It was incredibly fortunate that Oakley plugged the first Tiger on contact. Things would have been messy otherwise. The StuG I wasn't concerned about, and when the Tiger got surrounded I pretty much knew it was in the bag. :D

I'll start looking for another wee scenario to do volume 2 after xmas! Preferably one I haven't played before.