Interest in St. Lo Campaign?

Guest Guest

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How did this one go? I have been playing CM (solo)for many years and have regularly (and coincidentally)stayed at a small guesthouse close to the XIX Corps line of departure (just E of Port Hebert). The countryside is a nightmare and was even worse in 44 so I'm curious as to how the battle went.

Hi Adam - I will check my files for the region you are operating in. I certainly have half a dozen pictures of the area covered by the Elle crossing scenario in CMBO - the programmers have done a very good job in capturing the locale although lines of sight appear far more restrictive, giving the real site quite a claustrophobic feel. Will see what I can do tonight.

Further to my earlier post, I have no photographs of the La Meauffe area but half a dozen of the Elle crossing (CMBO). As I am technically deficient I have been unable to attach - so e-mail me if you want them. Photos taken from just W of Marguerite d' Elle looking S with Moulin levesque in the foreground (L) and Chateau de Rochefort in the far distance. Some available taken from the bridge crossing looking NW, E and S.

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Adam1:

What I need are two commanders for the operational stuff and a few battalion commanders for each side.

Could you quickly explain the actual roles operational commanders would play as compared to battalion commanders?

I'm new to campaigns and tournaments and see alot of talk of different commanders and team play.

I know the CM series is 1-vs-1 when it comes to the actual tactical PBEM games, so I'm just not sure what is involved in these in-depth and utterly fascinating campaigns and scenario games I am coming across.

Just recently joined Band of Brothers gaming group, so I'm new to the multiplayer experience beyond your typical PBEM match with friends.

Thanks smile.gif

Sounding off late on this, you could do a great scenario built around the 2d Infantry Division's attack on Hill 192 on the 29th Division's left (the July one). If you look in the public folder on my web site (http://homepage.mac.com/yeide/Homepage.htm), you will find the actual terrain study done by the division and passed out to all elements. The action was well-documented and a model of combined-arms warfare. The Germans had excellent troops and some armor. The 35th Division's attack, by contrast, was a miserable example of combined-arms fighting. The 29th Division's attack is less well documented than the 2d Divvision's, though it, too, was a pretty good show.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...