Panzercolours...Early and mid PzIV's?

I have missed CM a little, so I took a pause from IL2 Sturmovik and winded up modding immediately... ;)

Just in time to catch MikeyD's excellent PzIV mods. However, I applied a tricolour camo scheme to them, and then an ambush pattern, but the question is: what was the usual/generic camo on these models? An ambush camo might be a little wrong, or?

More over, when on the fly, I thought that the PzIV J's looked a little flat, so I treated them the same way, and plan to incororate the H's to the family. Would you guys be interested in such mods, should I upload them to CMMODS when finished? :rolleyes:

Unfortunately, I can´t give you any screenies, but they look alright and the colour tones are similar to the ones MikeyD uses for several of his camo StuG and StuH mods.

Ambush was a late war factory camou scheme, so old PzIVs wouldn't get that scheme (unless there was a particularly artistic painter at depot level).

Funny thing is, I've found surprisingly few obvious camouflage early (non-skirted) PzIVs in photos. But I have found LOTS of plain yellow picts! Maybe they figured the already 'busy' PZIV outline (all those heavy cast shadows) wouldn't benefit much from attempts to break-up the outline.

But - if one PzIV somewhere was ever camou'd that's reason enough to do a camou mod! :D

I have yet to see a rendition or a photo of a PzKpfWIV either G,H or J model that has an ambush pattern applied. The Ausfuhrung J model appeared in March of 1944, it being the last upgrade to the MKIV and produced to the end of the war, even photos of fairly new J models show various forms of the tri-color pattern of overall dark yellow with red brown and green patterns, either sprayed or brushed on.