Attn: All CMAK Mod Designers !!

To: MikeyD, Pat, A-sarge, AndrewTF, WindyCity, JuJu, David I, Gurra, and all others

Gentlemen,

A quick question for you regarding your Mods for CMAK…

A great crew of designers and I are in the process with others of putting together a Scenario Battle Pack for CMAK named Sie Kommen... To date we have all the battles done and are in Playtesting mode.

In this pack we are going to be putting together ‘Mod Packs’ which will be groups of Mods Zipped together for use within certain battles, etc… and that will function within McMMM (not sure if we are using the 'Mod Set' option or not)

Some of the Mods we are thinking of using are yours…. So My Question is… may we include your Mods in Zip files with others (trying to get everyones approval first)…. Your Mods will not be altered and we will be including ‘Special Thanx’ and Reference on both the Website and within the Rule Book for the Battle Pack of each and everyone we use.

Please let me (us) know if this is ok… and please keep up all the great work you guys do for the community..

That is all...

-FR

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by patboy:

Any news from sie kommen?

As a member of the design team I can say this:

Final tweaking stages and briefings are put together and those commander maps are still yet to be finalized. So far the playtestings are almost over and we are getting into action to publish this campaign. But some RL issues have gotten in the way. We are all hoping to publish soon...hopefully we´ll do before CMx2.. ;)

Originally this was supposed to be ready on july 4th but...as the phrase: its ready when its ready is commonly used in these forums (CMx2) we´ll have to use the same one here.Glad to see there is interest on this. Developing team has done a superb job as far as maps scens battles etc. only putting it out to the community has been too slow.

There was an unfortunate accident that has slowed the developing once again, but hopefully you guys are willing to wait for the finalized product. After all the effort, there is no idea to give you a crippled product. Some battles are still going through final stages of tweaking after over 10 playtests etc. We want it to be 100% working thing before releasing it.

Like master Fredrock says: That's all!

Cheers

LT

[ September 26, 2005, 07:28 PM: Message edited by: Larry Thorne ]

Larry,

If you are using "Tanks-a-lot's" small Normandy buildings make sure that the doorways are facing the street. He made his buildings with the doors on the "long, eave" sides and not the "peaked roof" ends. Rightfully so in my opinion. However when placing them on the map you have to turn them 90 degrees from the way they are shown on the map symbols.

DavidI

I'd be interested on any feedback on the "Mod Set" option.

It's really an "alpha" feature: IE I thought it would be useful and coded it, but didn't have a lot of "user input" to go by.

Note that you can have the zips of related mods independently of having the "Mod Set Description" file for them. You can tell people "download these zips to get all the related mods, and download this modset description file to get best use of McMMM".

GaJ

Hi GaJ

I think Fredrock is about to use the modsets so they´ll be easiest to run with McMMM. But as it is he is out of action due to an accident. When he is able to activate again I´ll send him here to answer your Q. We will have a modset DL page for SK modssets and I think the way they are though to work is the way you described.

Cheers

LT

Hey GaJ and Larry Thorne

Yes I am going to be using the 'modset function' in McMMM... seems to work well... but I will also be grouping the mods for Sie Kommen into what looks like four packs... Overall Terrain and Overall Vehicles (will work with all 18 battles)... and then two customized packs: one for the 2 beach landings scenarios (beach, water, obsticles along with the 'Bunker Buildings' and command bunkers...) and the other will contain stuff for the Fort Battles (Walls, Sand, Water, etc)... I am doing it this way so people who dont use McMMM Modsets can also work with the mods...

I am still looking for as many vehicle mods for the ETO-Normandie Time frame... but almost all others are done... any suggestion or input by anyone would be appreicated (just email me)

Hey Larry, I sent out an email on the status of all the battles... we are getting real close... plus some of the battle names are really cool...

'We Need Beaches'

'Blood on Rubble'

'To Blow or not to Blow'

'Bourbourg Bloodshed'

'Here We Come Walking Down the Street'

'Better Late Then Never'

et all...

The 'rulebook' and 'tourney point schedule forumlas' are also complete... its a matter of weeks now... I will keep you posted Larry T at the Sie Kommen Forum...

That is all...

-FR