*New mod!* Get your English buildings here!

Juju

As the Sealion project has met with some unfortunate delays, and these buildings have been finished for quite a while, I thought it best to share these now, as opposed to sitting on them for a couple of months more. Hey, that's quite a sentence.

The buildings are hi-res. The two large buildings are also available in their original ultra-res versions. But beware; each of these ultra-res buildings is as large as the complete set of four hi-res ones, so you better have a computer that can handle it, right.

Thanks a lot to Tanksalot, Andreas, Junk2drive and Holien for kindly 'donating' his house (third screenshot 's where he lives, sort of). As usual, download at CMMods.com

Here's some piccies. More can be seen by clicking on the link in my sig:

SLheavyfront.jpg

SLlightfront.jpg

SLsmall1front.jpg

SLsmall2front.jpg

Juju, these are truly great, love then to death... BUT I can't get the damn things to face the right way.

The tall UR buildings somehow gets turned when I use the "Tall building on pavement" tiles which is vastly annoying when you're trying to create an English city street.

Could you please have a look at this and tell me if

a/There is something screwy with those mods/tiles

b/I'm just going nuts

*later*

OK, found the problem... I think. All the English buildings on pavement always face west, regardless of the facing of the tile... does that make sense?

As far as I can tell it only applies to the "building on pavement tiles".

Regards,

Derfel

[ December 14, 2004, 05:52 AM: Message edited by: Derfel ]

Derfel, yeah, maybe I should have mentioned this, but on both small buildings and possibly the tall light one (can't remember) the orientation of the doors has shifted to another side of the building. That is, in relation to the original art.

AFAIK this is the first building mod (but not the last. Nudge, wink ;) ) that has the doors shifted. But this is merely cosmetic, and won't affect gameplay in any way.

So, if you're making English maps specifically using these buildings, you may need to rotate the buildings 90 degrees in the editor.

For those Sealion scenario designers allow me to offer my services for playtesting--or just post them at THE PROVING GROUNDS. Then again, if your designs are first drafts and not ready for posting you can just send me the battles/ops to me in the email addy in the profile.

Look forward to it! I'll have time off from late January to late February.

GREAT WORK JUJU AND J2D (THE UI is very cool indeed!)