Any Interest in a CM Normandy Uber-Mod?

As some of you know I am an incurable Mod-Slut, so this shouldn't be a surprise to you. I have enjoyed my CMETO creation for some months, however for the last few weeks I have been playing NWE scenarios set in June, July and August on what I call CM Normandy. That accounts for roughly half of the scenaios made for NWE. I am blessed to have a huge hard drive so I reinstalled CMAK and called it CMNormandy. It has all different buildings and grass that that gives the game yet another "whole new look". This is not a beach landing mod, but made for the fighting once the Allies were ashore.

What I propose is to set up this new Uber-mod at the same site that I set CMETO up on. The changes from CMAK would include:

Skies - by Undaunted

Buildings - by Gurra (his shacks modified to look more Normandy which I have already done), Tanks-a-Lot (his small Normandy Buildings), Myself (2 medium buildings),and Juju (Sealion Medium Building and his Berlin buildings - good for any European city) Orignial BFC church.

Grass - Tanks-a-Lot's CMBO grass

Fences - Junk2Drive's wire fences

Roads - Gurra's Dirt Roads

City Streets - Windy City's

There will be no scenario pack this time, (still scarred from the last time). If you got the one I included in CMETO about half of them are Normandy Battles.

So what I would need to put this in motion are two very important things.

1. The approval of the above listed true artists.

2. Your (the CM community) interest.

I look forward to your responses to this idea.

DavidI

Originally posted by David I:

There will be no scenario pack this time, (still scarred from the last time).

Well, you know, if you'd gone to the same trouble with the scens as you went to for the mods, there wouldn't have been a problem. Designers of scenarios deserve the same consideration and respect for their work as mod artists (and vice versa, of course).

Great idea, David, what about Magua's Normandy mods? For me they are the best. And it would be great to have more scenarios as well. Isn't it possible for those people who made the best Normandy scenarios/ops to give permission? After wll it would acknowledge the quality of their work.

JonS & Aragorn2002,

Nope no scenarios this time around. They are not mine, never were and I never claimed they were. Go to Scenario Depot and download all you want.

Even when I say I am not including scenarios, because of what I learned doing CMETO, the discussion turns to scenarios. WTF?

DavidI

Originally posted by David I:

JonS & Aragorn2002,

Even when I say I am not including scenarios, because of what I learned doing CMETO, the discussion turns to scenarios. WTF?

DavidI

Okay, okay... smile.gif sorry to mention it, David, but what about the Magua Normandy mods? Especially the trees? Can't they be included as well?

David, for me Magua's Normandy mods really made CMBO. His mods finally gave me the feeling of fighting in bocage country. His trees are the ones that seem to be so typical for the landscape of that area.

Alec (Magua)did include the following email adress with his mods: alec.wade@ntlworld.com, mind you, this was in 2001. I can send them to you if you like, so you can have a look at them and decide whether you want them included and ask permission to use them.

Did a search on my hard drive and it seems I have got a folder full of the normandy mods. 88mb's worth in total, zips down to 45mb.

As far as I can tell its the grass, trees, terrain and buildings packs that Magua did, don't think I haved the subdued stuff he also did.

They're all mixed up together, not in separate folders though if you gave me the mod numbers I could take the trees out if you already have them. Quite happy to pass them on if you anywhere I can upload 45mb's worth of data to?

Slightly more awake. I now realise what I have is a folder of all the BMP's for the game which includes the normandy mods. If you know the numbers of the ones you need I can extract the appropriate ones rather than send you all the BMP's required to play the game!