Playing as Germans is gamey!

Omi

Battlefront should release a patch that allow us to play allies VS allies. Then the game would finally be fair! :rolleyes:

Seriously, I'm tired of people who can't play allies without whining about their opponent being "gamey". Yes, German have better MGs, guns and tanks, so what? Stop crying and fight. Learn about the German tanks weaknesses and humiliate your rival, instead of yourself.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

So give the Allies an extra 200% points. Not only does that balance the game, it's also more historical that way. Problem solved.

;)

Michael

Actually, that's the most intelligent reply. I've never seen anybody give extra points to allies so far in multiplayer games(QB). Is it common practice?

Originally posted by Joachim:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Omi:

I've never seen anybody give extra points to allies so far in multiplayer games(QB). Is it common practice?

It is when I play the Allies.

:D

Michael </font>

I don't agree with the premise of this thread that the German equipment is better across the board. There are many periods where the allies have effective equipment. For CMAK selections if you use the weapons in a semi-ahistorical fashion (i.e. AA guns as AT assets, 88mm in direct fire role) you can fight the Germans on good terms. There are very effective Allied weapons in various time frames including the Lee vs. PZ III or the Sherman which stands up well even vs. PZ IV "special".

In CMBB I think that the allies had the overall advantage across time periods in terms of equipment.

And anyways, what fun is it to always play tigers and panthers??? Grab a marder or a STG III or a motley crew of AT guns and infantry!

• 3 weeks later...

Maybe I'm all wet, and I've seen a couple of real battles. But we never set down at the beginning and made sure both sides had the same number of (points). The object is to attack the enemy when he's the weakest or you have the greatest advantage. Equal points is gamey, unless you just like losing.

What is the problem with beating Germans?? The Allies got the M10, 17 pound AT gun, lot's of cheap arty or the 57mm AT gun who can beat most German tanks and the infantry of the allies is also pretty good with mortars, machineguns and bazooka support.

So beating Germans you can do it with 2 fingers in the nose ;)