French vs Allies

bboyle

That there are lots of Indian speakers around is out of the question. I could just step outside my flat and haul in a dozen on very short notice. The problem is to get them in front of very decent recording equipment (the reason my voice is not used - apart from my inability to voice-act - is that I do not have recording equipment good enough), and then to pretend they are being shot at, or sumfink. Which maybe more of a problem.

But that is just my guess - I was not even involved in the process, Matt will know the answers.

I will heartily volunteer for the role of shooting at these Indians, I'm sure I can make their cries believable

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by UberFunBunny:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Speedy:

Having no Vichy and no Indians is a major oversite by bfc

I agree.

and I for one am very disappointed hearing this.
Me too. </font>

No Ghurkas? My uncle was a vet of the Italian campaign as a Canadian Combat engineer. He said you had to be careful to lace your boots up in the correct allied criss-cross manner and not the German straight-across way because the Ghurka night patrols would sneak up behind sentries and feel their bootlaces. If they were laced up wrong the hapless sentry got his head whacked off with one of those great bloody kukri blades. The buzz amongst Commonwealth troops - and it may have been just rumour - was that axis troops were really spooked by having Ghurkas in the vicinity. Anyway, after reading some of the citations for medals awarded to Ghurka soldiers in the Med theatre, I believe we can simulate them in our CMAK battles by using Commonwealth troops and then setting the fanaticism level to about 100%. We'll just have to imagine the kukris during hand-to-hand engagements - if we have the stomach to.

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Stalin's Organ:

What sort of game is this??!! :mad: :mad:

A somewhat hasty one-off to top up BFC's coffers long enough for them to get the engine rewrite done, and also to give us something to talk about for the next two years. Next question?

</font>

Originally posted by Speedy:

Having no Vichy and no Indians is a major oversite by bfc and I for one am very disappointed hearing this.

No Vichy is kind of a bummer, but not that big a deal, and no Indians is really not that big a deal either, as they can still be represented in the game using British troops. I really wanted Vichy French, but I also think BFC made the right decision. They are putting the BO/BB/AK engine to rest and moving on to the next generation.

Originally posted by Fluf:

No Ghurkas? My uncle was a vet of the Italian campaign as a Canadian Combat engineer. He said you had to be careful to lace your boots up in the correct allied criss-cross manner and not the German straight-across way because the Ghurka night patrols would sneak up behind sentries and feel their bootlaces. If they were laced up wrong the hapless sentry got his head whacked off with one of those great bloody kukri blades. The buzz amongst Commonwealth troops - and it may have been just rumour - was that axis troops were really spooked by having Ghurkas in the vicinity. Anyway, after reading some of the citations for medals awarded to Ghurka soldiers in the Med theatre, I believe we can simulate them in our CMAK battles by using Commonwealth troops and then setting the fanaticism level to about 100%. We'll just have to imagine the kukris during hand-to-hand engagements - if we have the stomach to.

I'm sure a lot of that is also urban myth . Not to degenerate from the wholesome battle record of the ghurkas though. I'm more interested in:

1. How does the Maori battalion do a haka in full view of their opponents and then charge over open ground with jade clubs? and

2. How do I kill vichy french without making them default axis ?

Hopefully the next engine will allow us to modify the OOB more thoroughly, so that we can create units with the exact composition that we want. Also to edit vehicle specs, then you could do even things like cold war scenarios.

Edited because the way others interpret this silly language differs from the way I want to use it.

[ November 27, 2003, 11:19 AM: Message edited by: Sergei ]

Originally posted by Sergei:

Hopefully the next engine will allow us to modify the OOB more thoroughly, so that we can create units with the exact composure [sic] that we want.

If that's the case, I plan to rate all my opponent's soldiers as Hysterical.

:D

Michael

[ November 27, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Michael Emrys ]