Grounds for Divorce?

Tifosi

Okay, 2 months ago I got my shiny new PC. About 6 weeks ago, I buy CM:Anthologies as an impulse buy. The bugger doesn´t work :mad: ! I was just getting a blank screen with the mouse pointer showing when I loaded the game. After two weeks or so I discover by accident that Alt+Tabbing to windows then back (kinda) sorts the problem. It then takes about 3 hours to work out that I am more addicted to CM than I am to nicotine!

About a week and a half ago, I finally get the interweb thingy hooked up, and visit this site to see what yer are all about. Within hours I have got 3 PBEM games on the go. So far so good. :D

But now I am on holiday and the wifey has banned me from bringing my CM disks with me! No CM until the 22nd of October! Grounds for divorce, or do I need professional help? :confused:

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mentioning other women will only make her mad. A better strategy is to let her know that now that you aren't playing games any more, you feel much more romantically inclined. Start waking her up in the middle of the night to make love. Do it two or three times a night. When she protests, tell her you just can't help it. Without the game to distract you, your cup of Eros runneth over. (BTW, this works best if you have a job that allows you to sleep late, but hers doesn't.)

If she doesn't protest...what the hell are you complaining about?

Michael

CM is better than marriage. It doesn't nag about anything, the AI is more logical than most women, you don't get visited by in-laws, it costs less, it doesn't decorate your flat pink & yellow, it doesn't cause you food poisoning and it lets you have her two sisters, too. Only the sex side is not quite as satisfying, but it can be done (better lubricate the cd well, though).

Eureka! If I download the free demo, that might just be enough to whet my cravings. Okay so after playing the full games over the net this is probably equal to smoking a crumpled dog end from the ashtray when your choking for a ciggie, but it´s gotta be better than nowt! Wonder how long it´ll take her to realise if I keep the volume turned down..... ;)

Originally posted by Tifosi:

Eureka! If I download the free demo, that might just be enough to whet my cravings. Okay so after playing the full games over the net this is probably equal to smoking a crumpled dog end from the ashtray when your choking for a ciggie, but it´s gotta be better than nowt! Wonder how long it´ll take her to realise if I keep the volume turned down..... ;)

Why don't you burn yourself a backup copy? I did this for all the games I really like and may play on my laptop so I don't damage the originals. Make sure you label the disks something like "History of WWII Vol I" and "... Vol II" so your wife won't want to look at them.

Originally posted by Snarker:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Tifosi:

Why don't you burn yourself a backup copy? I did this for all the games I really like and may play on my laptop so I don't damage the originals. Make sure you label the disks something like "History of WWII Vol I" and "... Vol II" so your wife won't want to look at them. </font>

Go out and buy Advanced Squad Leader.

On a Saturday night, spread it out in all it's granduer over your dining room table with the thousand or so cardboard counters, all the rules, with one of the extension packs... say Red Barricades or KGP. The really big maps!

Fill your fridge with beer.

Invite over some mates who drink and fart and say f-ck, Lots!

Fight and argue over the rules all night till three in the morning.

Leave 2 cartons of empty beer cans all over the house. Make sure your friends piss all over the toilet floor. Scrunch up some corn chips and scatter liberally over the carpet and insert into her favourite furniture.

Go to bed, loudly and snore all night. Get up late and promise to clean it up soon, but you have to write down the position of all the cardboard counters on the map first.

All 1342 of them.

Asure her that at least she knows where you are at night.

Repeat every six weeks!

One day, she'll say, "Wouldn't it be easier to play that game on your computer... You know, that CM thingy..."

:D

Love is a beautiful thing!

Originally posted by Richie:

Go out and buy Advanced Squad Leader.

On a Saturday night, spread it out in all it's granduer over your dining room table with the thousand or so cardboard counters, all the rules, with one of the extension packs... say Red Barricades or KGP. The really big maps!

Fill your fridge with beer.

Invite over some mates who drink and fart and say f-ck, Lots!

Fight and argue over the rules all night till three in the morning.

Leave 2 cartons of empty beer cans all over the house. Make sure your friends piss all over the toilet floor. Scrunch up some corn chips and scatter liberally over the carpet and insert into her favourite furniture.

Go to bed, loudly and snore all night. Get up late and promise to clean it up soon, but you have to write down the position of all the cardboard counters on the map first.

All 1342 of them.

Asure her that at least she knows where you are at night.

Repeat every six weeks!

One day, she'll say, "Wouldn't it be easier to play that game on your computer... You know, that CM thingy..."

:D

Love is a beautiful thing!

And send me an email to let me know when you're having the ASL party, I'm so there!

Originally posted by General Colt:

Go ahead and file for divorce now. In 6 months of CM addiction and after countless hours of listening to her nagging, she'll be the one filing. I'd say file now and save your ears and her voice.

Seconded.

To top it all off, CMX2 should be out next year. You're so screwed.

As am I. :mad: :mad: