about the full cmak game

hi,

i have some questions about the full game:

i know the game is not shipped with a printed manual just a pdf version, thats no problem for me, but is the game usefull for a complete newbie or is just a manual that teach you the basics of the game like how to choose your army setup the battles, etc or it haves too a kind of tutorial qith tips and things like that?

1 more question:

all tha battles agains the ai are the same "attack, defend - attack, defend" like the demo?

thanks for reply

It has a tutorial section that guides you through a tutorial scenario, but that definately does not provide you with all the insights of the game - but the pdf-manual is very thorough and reading it through will help you alot. The tactics required by different sides at different times in different situations is the hardest thing!

There are also meeting engagements, exit scenarios and so on, but in the majority of situations you are either attacking or defending.

The manuals for all the CM games are quite good. If you were to print out the CMAK manual it would be quite thick and chocked full of info. I believe there are sections that walk you through the tutorial missions that come on the disk. It will definitely help out the newbie but best of all you have the whole battlfront.com community forums to post for any other questions or help.

As for the different battle types, I believe there are 3 main types: Advance, Assault, and meeting engagement. Then you also have the ability to do quick battles where the computer generates a random map and you select your units based on a point value. And last of all there are Operations which are a series of linked battles where the objective is usually to gain the most amount of ground, although there can also be preset objective flags.

If you can operate the demo then you can operate the full game pretty well without the manual. From the start I found the CM games to be very intuitive (others may disagree).

The thick manual (printed or PDF) mostly helps you recoginze what you're seeing - What 'open ground' and 'soft ground' mean game-mechanics-wise; what goes into the armor penetration model; the difference between 'green' and 'veteran' troops; how to best use the scenario editor. That kind'a stuff. The processes going on in the background are much more subtle than just little figures scampering across a map.

And the CMAK manual isn't like some of 'em out there, supplying complex key codes to pick up hidden health crystals or invulnerability, or crap like that.

Hey Terra, on an unrelated note, I got CMAK myself a little while ago but haven't had a chance to get into it multiplayer really. Preferably I'd like to learn with someone else that's pretty much new to the game as well...if you're interested, lemme know. smile.gif

thanks for your big help guys

Wingmanx,

that would be great just let me get the full game and i will contact you,

maybe i order it today i dont know where the stores is so i think it will be in miami in 10-15 days pluss the 5 days to be shiped to my country i think the next month i will be playing it, so just wait to my message

see u soon