Mad, bad and dangerous to post in -- it's the Cheery Waffle Thread

_Axe_

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Axe2121:

Whoo boy, I can't tell you how I feel right now because I'm not too sure myself.

Details as they become available.

Great stuff.

I had a similar story this Christmas.

One of my mother's uncles was killed on an Italian POW ship that was torpedoed in hte Mediterranean.

Mum had found a book by a survivor of that attack, with a chapter dedicated to Uncle Don, who had been his best mate for a while, and who he was sitting right next to when the torpedoe struck - Uncle Don was killed instantly, the other chap wasn't even scratched & this book was the first hand account of how the 2 were captured and how Uncle Don was killed.

war is hell!

Originally posted by MrSpkr:

Woohoo. #74 of 164 -- top 50%. Not bad considering I spent almost NO time playing the game until late Friday night/Early Saturday morning.

Steve

Bah, I think I beat that...#7 but all I did was log in once each night and once each morning and pour all my cash into universities. smile.gif

Originally posted by Lurkur:

Congrats to Kitty!

Also congrats to Dave H, who vaulted into second place in the standings by letting anyone who desired to beat the stuffing out of him.

Pity that tactic doesn't work in CMAK....

BWUHAHAHAHAAhahahahahaha!!!!

WHAT??? That doesn't work in Combat Mission?? I think I want a do-over, especially in our game. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I think I'm about Fiefed out. The "guilds" or whatever these gamey buffoons call themselves have taken the fun out of it for me. I'll stick with CMBB and CMAK. You meet a higher class of people here, even if you are all maggots. :D:D

Don't you wonder how some of these clowns would do in a game of Combat Mission where they were completely on their own? Can you say LOST? :rolleyes:

/me merges from the hazy cloud of fiefdom:

Sorry for any opponents I havent emailed in the last week. Getting over a wicked week of work and an even more wicked case of feifdom addiction. :mad: :mad: :mad:

If you are on my OpFor list, please email the last turn you sent. Wallybob?

Dalem?

BadJoke?

Others?

P.S. I think dalem is going to earn my sig :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just a quick aaarrrrghghghghgh!!! as I've been away for a while ... "real life" has been keeping me busy and I have to confess my passion for all things Combat Mission burns less brightly these days (roll on the new engine).

Axe and I grow ever closer to reaching a satisfying conclusion on the Ridge, and I'm positioning the remains of my forces to shoot up the town and Dave in Spaghetti Western, but Snarker is AWOL again - has another mail got lost somewhere mid-Atlantic, you big hairy maggot?

Teddy

Originally posted by Edward Windsor:

Just a quick aaarrrrghghghghgh!!! as I've been away for a while ... "real life" has been keeping me busy and I have to confess my passion for all things Combat Mission burns less brightly these days (roll on the new engine).

Axe and I grow ever closer to reaching a satisfying conclusion on the Ridge, and I'm positioning the remains of my forces to shoot up the town and Dave in Spaghetti Western, but Snarker is AWOL again - has another mail got lost somewhere mid-Atlantic, you big hairy maggot?

Teddy

Yes. I am hairy. As to the email, you are probably correctamundo. I'll look around.

My turn is newer than your last mail, I'm resending as I write.

Smope! Kitty! I have open slots now - are you guys updated?

Originally posted by Snarker:

Yes. I am hairy. As to the email, you are probably correctamundo. I'll look around.

My turn is newer than your last mail, I'm resending as I write.

You, sir, are a gentleman and scholar. I'll look out for it - I'm very interested to see the result of all our landscaping of Cleopatra's Garden.

Teddy