Interesting DAK site...

To R. Leete:

I made a mistake in the address when I posted the original link. It's a Portuguese address that I'm not familiar with. I didn't like Mike T jumping on me for making the mistake. I did my best to to correct the error. If Mike has a problem with me let him speak for himself. In other words, mind your own damn business!

I noticed the link was dead and third the motion that if you are going to post a link make sure it actually works. How hard is it to cut and paste, anyway? Is your operating system really in Portugese? Probably not, so the English words you are looking for are

COPY

PASTE

Gyrene can give you a step by step if you still require instruction.

rommels59deathceleb01.jpg

Now that that is out of the way - very interesting that the German parade uniform still consists of the helmet worn with the overcoat and black leather belt. I thought at first that we were looking at a really FARB re-enactor!

The translations into English are unfortunate in some places...Death Celebration is kind of a funny choice of words. Interesting also is the picture of the Chelsea Pensioner and other British veterans paying their respects.

http://cosmos.oninetspeed.pt/dak/dak/rommel59deathcelebration1.htm

[ March 21, 2004, 11:41 PM: Message edited by: Michael Dorosh ]

What's with this board lately? The guy was just trying to post a link that others might find informative and like to visit... is it really such a trauma to you to click on a link that doesn't work?! I mean, does this never, ever happen to you in your day? People are human, they make mistakes, sometimes they go quickly and just forget about one little character and so what if they don't doublecheck like you do... seeing the comments in this thread are truly disappointing. This board is for all of us to enjoy...

J Kruger

Come on mates, give the guy a break. He posted a bad link to a site he found interesting and wanted to share with you all. So what?!!!

Hell, if I was subjected to this level of derision every time I made a bug at work (must be thousands by now), then I would have no money for CM, having spent it all on psychological treatment to bolster my self worth smile.gif

Cheers!

The part that no one sees, is the initial reply made to MikeT. He started getting all pissy, and posted that he didn't like being "yelled at". Note that MikeT has not edited his post, so it's apparent (at least to me), that Murray was overreacting.

My post was meant to be partially in jest (hence the all caps for "yelling") and partially to reinforce the request that the link be fixed before he got all defensive about the noting of an error.

Next time, fix the link before you post a rude comeback. I will give you credit for the fact that you edited it out afterwards. Now let it drop.

Originally posted by R Leete:

The part that no one sees, is the initial reply made to MikeT. He started getting all pissy, and posted that he didn't like being "yelled at". Note that MikeT has not edited his post, so it's apparent (at least to me), that Murray was overreacting.

My post was meant to be partially in jest (hence the all caps for "yelling") and partially to reinforce the request that the link be fixed before he got all defensive about the noting of an error.

Next time, fix the link before you post a rude comeback. I will give you credit for the fact that you edited it out afterwards. Now let it drop.

"Think I missed a period somewhere. I'll have to check." is pissy and a rude comeback? I don't see him saying anyhwere the he doesn't like being yelled at in the initial reply to MikeT either. It was only after you posted your message that he got defensive. I didn't like the tone of some of the replies so I posted my feelings... I'll let it drop when I'm ready or I'm asked to by someone who has authority here, which is not you. That being said, I've said my piece and probably won't add anything here unless something interesting is said.

J Kruger

That is the edited post. The original was what I refered to here and both above posts. You trying to be purposely thick? Note that an edited post does NOT display the edit stamp unles it is over 2 minutes between post and edit.

I knew I should have quoted the post when I replied. To quote Murray, "mind your own damn business."

Originally posted by R Leete:

That is the edited post. The original was what I refered to here and both above posts. You trying to be purposely thick? Note that an edited post does NOT display the edit stamp unles it is over 2 minutes between post and edit.

I knew I should have quoted the post when I replied. To quote Murray, "mind your own damn business."

No, I am not trying to be purposely thick. I was unaware that the edit stamp does not show up unless it is longer than two minutes. When I read the thread I posted my feelings and perhaps I was too hasty, so I apologize for that. My comments in my original post weren't just directed at you and I'm guessing not everyone saw the original reply of Mr. Murray and I felt they were out of line. I think I'll be quiet now! :D No hard feelings, ok?

J Kruger