Battlefront is now Slitherine ×

Associated Press Story: 'The Peng Challenge Thread Welcomes Refugees, Decries Idiocy'

• Replies 300
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kobal2:

Ah, but who said I *wanted* to join the Shavian House in the first place ? Bear with me : if the *founder* of the house can't construct a foolproof summary execution setup (foolproof as in "not even Lars can muck *this* up", of course), that's not good PR, is it ?

And how many times will I have to repeat it : I'm French. Annoying people is what we *do* !

Lad it's not as if you've got a choice! You have been proposed as Serf to the CessPool by a member of the Shavian House, to wit ... ME. Therefore I have first rights of refusal on you should the powers that be ... ME ... chose to elevate you to Squire. That being the case you WILL be a member of the Shavian House should you become a Squire.

As to your "wishes" ... yeah, right.

As to Lars, while it may be possible to make something foolproof, it is NOT possible to make it Lars proof ... apparently. As I said, the score will tell the tale.

Joe

Originally posted by rune:

Lady Moraine ,

How nice of you to make a rare appearence. I believe last time you were in, you were beating Hiram soundly. Carry on, carry on, and I am not talking about Combat Mission either.

Thank you, dear. I was, am and shall continue to do so - never fear.

I will be sending you a scenario to once again trash the other half. No, not Seanachai , altho his size allows him to be counted as 1/2.
Lovely. See what I get for coming in here? No respect at all. Just horrendous maps with lots of 'splodey things sent to my inbox.

Ah well, as it was Hiram who pointed out you were looking for me, I shall enjoy foisting your latest evil scenario upon him and watching him squirm as I obliterate his forces.

That'll teach him.

As for the thread, it is ever evolving, unlike the Aussies who are stuck at the Neandertal stage. We have Aussies, and Kiwis and Frenchies, oh my.... I think the difference is the French at least are not Pommies. They are Pommie want-a-bes.
Yes...yes. Ever evolving, like amoeba into slime mold it seems.

So look for the scenario later this afternoon. perhaps when you awaken from your hard day of napping.
Wonderful. I quiver with anticipation.

Oh, and give Hiram a swift kick for me.

Rune

I shall. Though I think he will prefer the kick to your scenario.

Originally posted by Kobal2:

And if *this* is the best I can expect from the Shavian House, I ain't impressed, mister.

Joe doesn't actually rig a scenario so that you can't win. He simply sets it up in such a way that you can never, ever enjoy it.

It's not about winning or losing, it's about stress and fostering resentment and hostility.

Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lord General MB:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />BTW, do any of you actually play CM or do you just come on here and rant about stupid stuff?

You'll find they do little else. </font>

Originally posted by bruceb:

you penguin people have way too much time on your hands...

And Outer Boarders who wander in to declaim things like this have far too much space between their ears, that they attempt to fill up with the sound of their own voice. Fortunately the emptiness provides echoes that make it easier for them, as they don't have to come up with much original material.

Just want you penguins to know that if bringing other people down helps build your self-esteem up, then I'm here for you (all summer long)

You really are clueless, aren't you? You must teach graduate study courses. Real teachers are too busy trying to actually get people to grasp things and make something of the Real World...

BTW, do any of you actually play CM or do you just come on here and rant about stupid stuff?

I would be willing to bet that, without question, the sheer number of games played by the people here, if placed against all the number of games of CM ever played, would actually amount to full percentage points, rather than some insignificant fraction.

Factor in that our membership includes scenario designers and other contributors to the game, and I think you'll find that we're no more horrifying than all the rest of the lot involved with the Board.

I would ask for people to be a little patient with lads like Bruceb. I imagine he has emotional scars and a past that has filled him with bitterness and anger. He probably needs our understanding.

We're all capable of that, aren't we? A bit of understanding?

We're listening, Bruceb. You can talk to us, lad. We're here for you.

Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Seanachai:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Lord General MB:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />BTW, do any of you actually play CM or do you just come on here and rant about stupid stuff?

You'll find they do little else. </font>

What about my website ... ALL the others have a website ... I should too.

I'm checking my sources so I am ... no one will put one over on THIS Justicar of the Peng Challenge Thread ... might put one or two over on the Junior Justicar but then he's not the sharpest knife in the silverware drawer you know.

Speaking of silverware, how's yours? I ask for no particular reason ... of course I WILL be in ManyAppleLess this week so ...

Joe

Speaking of silverware, how's yours? I ask for no particular reason ... of course I WILL be in ManyAppleLess this week so ...

Joe

You're going to be in Minneapolis this week? What the hell is the Department of Homeland security good for if Minnesotans aren't warned of potential terrorism?

I guess there were no crises of confidence in the abilities of the Administration this week, so no Terrorism Warning was issued.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

Joe

You're going to be in Minneapolis this week? What the hell is the Department of Homeland security good for if Minnesotans aren't warned of potential terrorism?

I guess there were no crises of confidence in the abilities of the Administration this week, so no Terrorism Warning was issued. </font>

You don't want me to seem inferior in front of my peers do you?

Joe

Wow.

can't...stop...myself...must...mock...Shaw...

Yes, I hear that somewhere off the Atlantic coast, there's a colony of Cherrystone clams that are pointing and tittering.

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Joe Shaw:

You don't want me to seem inferior in front of my peers do you?

Joe

Wow.

can't...stop...myself...must...mock...Shaw...

Yes, I hear that somewhere off the Atlantic coast, there's a colony of Cherrystone clams that are pointing and tittering. </font>

Lord General MB, would you care to share with us your thoughts on the 'International Jewish Banking Conspiracy'.

Shouldn't that be the 'International Flamboyant Jewish Banking Conspiracy'?

Personally, I see a lot of sequins and glitter.

And spandex.

And spandex.

I'm almost certain there's something in Leviticus against Jews wearing spandex.

Damn...I am going to have to get myself one of those really, really good CD-ROM bible translations...

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

And spandex.

I'm almost certain there's something in Leviticus against Jews wearing spandex.

Damn...I am going to have to get myself one of those really, really good CD-ROM bible translations... </font>

I'm sure that Rose has a spare Bible or two around we can give you. I'll be sure to send along some asbestos gloves so you can pick the damn thing up without burning your hands off.

Oh, bibles. No problem there, I've got a half dozen of the buggers around here. What I need is one on the machine, so that it's completely searchable. Good lord, who doesn't have access to any number of bibles? Hell, I didn't even have to steal the damn things. People like me get constantly given them simply by the way we look when we walk down the street.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

he's yet another bloody Aussie,

Yeh, dinky-di true-blue battler.

Unfortunately he comes from that part of Oz we don't like talking about (you know, same place Noba comes from).

Mace </font>

Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

Unfortunately he comes from that part of Oz we don't like talking about (you know, same place Noba comes from).

You stopped talking about us because of the tissues you go through thinking how OUR team WHOPPED your team TWICE in Grand Finals...

</font>

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Noba:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Mace:

You stopped talking about us because of the tissues you go through thinking how OUR team WHOPPED your team TWICE in Grand Finals...

</font>

Originally posted by Noba:

Oh how I missed your poppy-cock prose...your meaningless mumbles and your holier than thou approach to life in general.

Been drinking, too much, again, perhaps ?

Teeth falling out, along with your hair ?

Mailman delivering only bills ?

Sanity is such a slender thread. Yours snapped a long time ago.

Noba.

You need so much instruction on writing poetry. But you seem to have grasped some vague essentials...

Unless, of course, you're just...talking like an annoying Auusie bastard.

Was there a moment when you looked towards the horizon, and thought 'I'm saying this for everyone, because it's what people should say, if they thought about it long enough'?

Or did you just think: 'That bastard Seanachai has called me, by extension, a very small puddle of dingo piss. Roight! Let's go insult him to the very best of my rather limited ability!'