Aussie Sounds

Kitty

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Originally posted by Kitty:

a) roos, koalas, and wombats are not livestock. They are wild animals.

I can't say about wombats, but roos and koalas are sort of semi-tame now. Some are kept in petting zoos, which makes them livestock in my book.

B) I was born in California...
What year?

...and still live there.
To each his (or, as in your own case, her) own. I was driven out in the late '70s by a flood of ex-New Yorkers looking for new lands to despoil. Too bad they didn't drown while crossing the Hudson. I miss pre-1970 California. It was a pretty nice place once. I guess the Native Americans have an even stronger gripe.

Michael

Madmatt when you factor in drinking, having hangovers, drinking to get rid of hangovers, going to the beach on lovely sunny days like today and drinking, perving on all the sexy sheilas at the beach while drinking, going to the cricket and drinking, going to the footy and drinking, shearing.... well you get my drift.

With all these demands on our time 12 months is obviously far to short a time to get anything productive done, so we must blame this problem, whatever it is, on managements lack of adequate planning.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

The samples that Mace sent me were, oh whats that word again...?oh yeah, CRAP, yeah thats it.

Well, Matt, you're the one who chose to keep them in.

To be honest, You didn't have to use the sounds if they were sub-standard. I wouldn't have been upset if the were pulled for that reason.

Mace

Originally posted by Monty:

We Dutchmen,Belgiums, Norwegians,Sweeds(? how do you spell that)Irish,Spanish etc etc are ALWAYS playing with foreign armies.

:D

Monty

Please spare us these sorts of disturbing personal confessions. What you lot do in your sordid euro private lives is none of our affair, and only heightens our uneasiness.

Originally posted by Madmatt:

I spent over a year trying to get a good batch of Australian sound samples and whats in the game was the best of what we could obtain, but at least they are all from real Aussies.

Hey....my email box was always open. Plus, you would have had the added benefit of hearing a proper "sophisticated" 'Stralian accent rather than any of those uncouth yobbo's on the east coast.

;)

Regards

Jim R.

As one who has some experience in interpreting Aussie Speak, I felt obliged to translate this post for the casual reader of this Thread.

Originally posted by Mace:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Madmatt:

The samples that Mace sent me were, oh whats that word again...?oh yeah, CRAP, yeah thats it.

</font>

Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

As one who has some experience in interpreting Aussie Speak...

Really, Boogs! This is too much! We are to believe the experience of a man who spends his life listening to displaced octogenarians from Noo Yawk???

Your delicate sense of linguistic patterns is to be about as trusted as the palate of a 10 year old when discussing the merits of Chef Boyardee Spaghetti-Os

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

Your delicate sense of linguistic patterns is to be trusted

Thank you Boo.

I have adjusted out the static background of your post so that your point could be easily ascertained. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You are so lucky

In case you, the casual reader, are wondering:

Yes, as has been documented:

Aussies, Ohioans, There's really not a toss of a difference.

I hope this exercise will give you, the casual reader, a better insight into the incredibly difficult task that our own Madmatt was faced with.

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Boo Radley:

You are so lucky

I hope this exercise will give you, the casual reader, a better insight into the incredibly difficult task that our own Madmatt was faced with. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Jim Boggs:

Are all Floridiots like this?</font>

On the Simpon's the other night, after looking at a map of the US and the shape of Florida in particular, Homer declared, "Florida is the wang of the United States." Sadly, Jim Boggs provides irrefutable proof to this statement. It's not only the shape, it's the people as well.

Kitty

since I am from Seattle and therefore have no accent, I feel that I am best qualified to resolve the primary issue raised in this thread:

"We Dutchmen,Belgiums, Norwegians,Sweeds(? how do you spell that)Irish,Spanish etc etc are ALWAYS playing with foreign armies."

I think we are all agreed that the next Combat Missions should be the 30 Years War or at least the campaigns of Gustavus Adolphus.

Combat Missions: The First Adolph?

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Kitty:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />B) I was born in California...

What year?

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Kitty:

What year?

Michael </font>

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

What year?

Michael </font>

Guys and Gals,

Well as someone who gave Brian Rock a hand with the voices during his wedding preparations (don't know if our contribution made it or not - read on gentle reader) I hope they were up to scratch.

Unfortunately the complimentary copy of the game I received for my efforts is a Windows version so until the Mac version that I've ordered (and paid for) arrives, I can't tell you if our contribution is to blame or not.