Melbourne CM gamers

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, make a suggestion Sunshine! Looks like the bowling club's right 'til 8ish on a Friday (at a discount!) but I think they run for another hour or two after that. I'll give 'em a ring to check. Far as I know they just stay open 'til everyone buggers off, more or less.

First suggestion: How would Friday 27 January @ 7:00pm suit you?

Originally posted by HarryInk:

Feb 3... Friday too. Would you be able to make it Chee-Yan if we slipped it back a week?

Zalgiris, bloody oath you can!!

Thanx very much for the back handed invite Harry, as for the date and time, any near coming Friday arvo/evening ought to be fine, I occationally get called to work them, but pretty much most of them will be free. Actually if the date gets set, I'll make sure I'm gonna have it off, **** it! :cool:

Righto. FRIDAY FEBRUARY 3, 7pm. "FITZROY & VICTORIA" BOWLS CLUB. 578 Brunswick Street,Fitzroy North (Melways 2C C1 or 44 B1)

I've booked a green for a roll of bowls from 7.30 (assuming a quorum of 4+ of us), so bring $10 to rent yer balls(!). You get a couple of hours of easy chat about CM, and a chance to snigger at men (and women) fumbling with balls while you imbibe the amber fluid under the elm trees at dusk.

(btw, I've only ever played about 3 games bowls in my life about 8 years ago. It's the slow-movements-with-stubby-in-hand aspect of it that I remember liking the most. :D )

I think it's just bar food @ the club but I'll confirm that later.

[ January 16, 2006, 03:42 AM: Message edited by: HarryInk ]

I'll be there, never ever played Bowls in my life but I be there. The 3rd of Feb is good for me, by the way how will I know ya when I get there? :eek:

I would suggest that rocking up to any establishment in Fitzroy and asking for a 'Harry', or for some group for 'Harry Ink', is very likely to lead me into some complicated conversation with someone actually with Harry trying to sell me some really expensive sour powder! How embarrassment! tongue.gif

I'll be the good looking one who isn't actually selling anything! See if you can find the HarryInk pic at http://www.frappr.com/bandofbrotherscmgamingclub

Looks like Major Disaster can't come cos it's his little boys birthday. Hunter will be down at the Prom, he says, and Chee Yan not back yet. So hopefully we'll have Bullet Rat, VonJake, Zalgiris, me, Mace...

If the game is good, we might try another get together in late March/early April before the weather turns, eh.