Now that CMx1 has...

come to an end is it possible that Battlefront will release the code so that the ETO mod would finally get all the missing AFV's?

Imagine you may be able to code in more soldiers aswell. Even if it was upped to five I'd be happy. That way you would get a btter idea on how many casualties a squad has taken just by looking at the graphic.

Originally posted by Wodin:

come to an end is it possible that Battlefront will release the code so that the ETO mod would finally get all the missing AFV's?

CM:X1 is no where near end of life. We've got CMC coming out which will add an entire new layer of game play to CM:BB, and will hopefully shortly be followed by CMC for CM:AK.

Software products tend to be opened only after their commercial value has trended to $0. CM is no where near that point for Battlefront yet. Maybe another 5 years or so, maybe 10 when CM and Windows are as far out of date as all the DOS based games are now.

Good old CMBO is pretty much at the end of its career, but I've been noticing with people showing up to take a peek at the upcoming BFC products they've been sticking around to take a spin at current CMBB and AK. Newbies have been dribbling onto this board (Eeew, gross!) at a pretty steady rate lately.

I'd say, BFC opening up the code would only tempt some BFC wannabe company in Indonesia or the Ukraine to steal, repackage and resell it as thinly disguised competition. Besides, from what i hear the CMx1 game engine was an ungainly b-i-t-c-h to work on in the best of times! Not even close to 'plug-n-play'. More likely 'plug-n-crash'.