*"Western Europe" Uniform Mods Posted!*

I noticed a few people on the forum discussing using my old CMBB uniform mods for Normandy and other western Europe scenarios in CMAK, so I threw together two mod sets for German Heer and Waffen-SS troops that won't look too out of place in the bocage. They're based on both my CMAK and CMBB mods and feature all the neato improvements that the CMAK versions have, like better field gear and stuff.

Fortunately the US and Commonwealth troops look ok for Normandy already.

eto_heer.jpg

wss_eto.jpg

Of course these can be used in CMBB, too. smile.gif

Edited to add: they're at CMMods.com, of course!

Andrew,

Thanks to you!

I must confess, that I took your winter mod for both Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS that you uploaded not so long ago for CMBB (maybe 3-4 months?) and tried it in CMAK for Normandy winter scenarios, or, should I say, Battle of the Bulge scenarios.

But I´m not sure I actually assigned all the right bmp's at the right spot.

Would it be too much to ask you to, in case of time and interest, to take a look at this wonderful work of yours and see if you could maybe organize a version for CMAK-Normandy theatre? tongue.gif

Best regards

Gurra

Originally posted by Gurra:

Andrew,

Thanks to you!

I must confess, that I took your winter mod for both Wehrmacht and Waffen-SS that you uploaded not so long ago for CMBB (maybe 3-4 months?) and tried it in CMAK for Normandy winter scenarios, or, should I say, Battle of the Bulge scenarios.

But I´m not sure I actually assigned all the right bmp's at the right spot.

Would it be too much to ask you to, in case of time and interest, to take a look at this wonderful work of yours and see if you could maybe organize a version for CMAK-Normandy theatre? tongue.gif

Best regards

Gurra

The numbers should work ok. I just swapped over the Waffen-SS mod from CMBB for this, after making a few improvements of course. smile.gif

Originally posted by Gurra:

Good!

Am I right when I think of the white winter parka as the most common winter wear for the Germans in Normandy/Ardennes?

Gurra

I'm by no means an expert on this, but I'd suspect they were popular with those who had them, since it seems the Germans habitually never had enough equipment to go around. But since we can't depict a greatcoat in CM these will do.

In a lot of photos you see soldiers wearing the camouflage side in the snow rather than the white. I recall reading somewhere that the white was good in theory, but in practice tended to get dirty really quickly and cease to function as white camouflage.

I like to mix them up and use the white trousers with a camo jacket or vice-versa.

maybe its me or my computer. when i look at heer3 ver 2.5 for cmbb, the heer unis are grey. the pic for it is grey. the cmak mod and the eto mod unis are green. the preview at cmmods for the eto is grey, but the preview above is green.

my childhood memories of black and white, and comic books, and plastic army men, is that of grey germans. thats what i like ;)

Originally posted by junk2drive:

maybe its me or my computer. when i look at heer3 ver 2.5 for cmbb, the heer unis are grey. the pic for it is grey. the cmak mod and the eto mod unis are green. the preview at cmmods for the eto is grey, but the preview above is green.

my childhood memories of black and white, and comic books, and plastic army men, is that of grey germans. thats what i like ;)

I don't think they're green, really. They're a green-tinted gray which is what "field gray" is, more or less. There are about a million zillion variations depending on when and where the fabric was made ranging from neutral gray to green to brown even.

The bottom line is I thought the more neutral gray looked swell in CMBB but liked the greener lighter tint for CMAK. Feel free to vote with your BMP folder and use what BMPs you like. Or, make your own! That's what I did! ;) You can make Junk's "Comic Book/B&W Movie Mod". smile.gif

Somone should do a "plastic army man" mod where all the soldiers and their faces and weapons are one flat color, say green or gray or tan, so that they look like plastic army men. After all, CM is kinda like playing with really cool army men and tanks and stuff, isn't it? smile.gif

OK, lets run with this idea. Terrain could be redone as either lineloum tile (spelled wrong), or carpet, or a wooden table top. Buildings could have the Airfix plastic look, trees a train set look and base.

If done right could have a campy look.

Damn, AndrewTF having a kid is really opening up your "weird" side. :D

MikeT

We could do open ground as linoleum, and orange shag carpet as grain, replete with shag carpet doo-dads. And then we could have replace all the sound effects with all the sound effects as done by a little kid, i.e. "boom!" "blam blam!", etc.

My weird side's nothing new... ;)

Originally posted by Michael Dorosh:

Andrew, how about an Intellivision mod? I tried that once and my retinas still haven't recovered. Troops in bright blue or red, green base, dark green trees...I used Mattel's ARMOR BATTLE as my guide.

It wasn't pretty.

Only if we can get the old Intellivision controllers to work with my Mac so I can develop the infamous and painful "Intellivision Thumb" that affected so many of us back in the day. ;)