How to insult the CM community, the WORST scenario ever!

Hans

We've all played bad scenarios haven't we?

You've experienced the thrill of uber tanks vs. MG armed eggshells on a featureless steppe.

The intellectual splendor of the contest against hordes of CAS and not having a single AAA weapon or a ground enemy anywhere within 3 kilometers.

The delight of running into an impenetrable mine field and noting you don't have any engineers.

The sublime reaction to finding that your force consists of conscript infantry and all-0-leaders and they must cross 400 meters of flat, coverless, MG swept terrain to attack crack fanatic infantry sitting in trenches.

But I've made one worse than that - it’s our own Four-Horsemen gang and their Minions trying to take over CM from the Company (BFC) supported by its various Lackeys.

Yes all of the most annoying people in the CM community are part of a scenario.

If you like bad, really bad scenarios then go over to the Scenario Depot and take a look at CM Gunfight 1881.

This scenario will be followed by CM Splat, 1467 - you and your trusty wooden maul versus an army of conscript bunnies out to get your celery.

Hans

I was able to follow your post for about 3/4 of the way thrugh when it lapsed into something resembling the ramblings of Col. Walter "The horror" Kurtz in 'Apocalypse Now'.

But it was enough to get me curious.

I hope your bad scenario has a least ONE impassable water obstacle or sheer 50 foot cliff! :D;)

[ April 28, 2004, 04:24 PM: Message edited by: MikeyD ]

Sergei - well BECOME Catholic, become ordained, become who you really want to be.

Parabellum - yes meant to have you as a fighter but I had a few too many German sounding names. I thought the name for the building was appropriate. I was also unable to figure if you were a company or four-horsemen supporter.

MikeyD, what you don't understand about the four-horsemen, the company, minions and lackeys? Sakes alive! Where I come from that's a burning offense.

Originally posted by Hans:

Parabellum - yes meant to have you as a fighter but I had a few too many German sounding names. I thought the name for the building was appropriate. I was also unable to figure if you were a company or four-horsemen supporter.

The building is beautiful. Reminds me of my last appartement.

For future reference: any side where I can bash Andreas is fine.

smile.gif

Ah a company man. I had thought of having you lead a group of staff & crazies (actually it would have been a TB hospital) to attack but I trimmed the size of the forces. Your command would have been a bunch of lunatics/sickies lugging around mortars with no ammo.

Originally posted by ParaBellum:

For future reference: any side where I can bash Andreas is fine.

I'll remember that for the next gaming weekend at Jim's.

Note to any of the other potential attendees reading this thread - join Jochen's side if you enjoy losing. So not you, Mark.

Originally posted by Hans:

We've all played bad scenarios haven't we?

You've experienced the thrill of uber tanks vs. MG armed eggshells on a featureless steppe.

The intellectual splendor of the contest against hordes of CAS and not having a single AAA weapon or a ground enemy anywhere within 3 kilometers.

The delight of running into an impenetrable mine field and noting you don't have any engineers.

The sublime reaction to finding that your force consists of conscript infantry and all-0-leaders and they must cross 400 meters of flat, coverless, MG swept terrain to attack crack fanatic infantry sitting in trenches.

But I've made one worse than that - it’s our own Four-Horsemen gang and their Minions trying to take over CM from the Company (BFC) supported by its various Lackeys.

Yes all of the most annoying people in the CM community are part of a scenario.

If you like bad, really bad scenarios then go over to the Scenario Depot and take a look at CM Gunfight 1881.

This scenario will be followed by CM Splat, 1467 - you and your trusty wooden maul versus an army of conscript bunnies out to get your celery.

You've been drinking again, haven't you?

Michael

@sand digger - do a search function smile.gif

(or try http://ns9.super-hosts.com/~dragonlair.net/combatmission/)

@Sergei: Don't ever dare to enter my mission! Catholics or Ex-acolytes only.

@Andreas: Stop trying to be important and send me my turns!

@Hans: Saint Joachim... Yes! I am honored not being forced to choose sides in this battle thus representing the truly good forces of the forum.

Gruß

heilig.gif

[ April 29, 2004, 04:23 AM: Message edited by: Joachim ]

Sand digger the scenario is called CM Gunfight 1881, and is an alternative scenario designed to involved the most active and talkative people in the CM community - except for Saint Joachim of course.

Joachim well it was either name the Mission or the Brothel after you but I decided to forego the house of ill repute.

I didn't go with the brothel because I couldn't come up with good representation of incensed fighting ladies of ill repute to be part of your "gang". Plus the guy I would have assigned the pimp position to was already "employed" elsewhere in the scenario.

Thinking back on it I should have had you commanding some mad monks - maybe bringing down lightning bolts? (single 240mm shells) a bit over the top.