Idea for CM: The Next Engine

Sergei

Let's get rid of rigid time limits! Let's have an optional end game mode in which once a certain turn is reached, hordes after hordes of little Chinamen start entering the map from all sides! They'd be hostile to all players! There would be an endless stream of them!

So, what do you say? A marvelous improvement, no?

There has been a lot of talk about the supply system. I have a solution to this one as well. After killing enemies you can take their guns and ammo, so like, if you shoot a rocket soldier, you can take his rocket launcher and use it for blowing up things like tanks and airplanes (at least commandos should be able, because they always moved alone or at max. in groups of four behind the lines and were reliant on German army and social welfare for their maintenance). You'd also gain points, and after you have 10,000 points you would get reinforcements.

I also think that engineers should be able to build bunkers. That's what their job was.

Originally posted by Sergei:

I also think that engineers should be able to build bunkers. That's what their job was.

What a wonderful idea!

Of course, you'd have to model it as an operation. First 120 turns: the hole is begun. Second 120 turns: the hole is completed. Third 120 turns: they go into the woods to find and cut down trees. Fourth 120 turns: they trim the trees and cut them into useful sizes. Fifth through eighth 120 turns: they sleep. Ninth 120 turns: they drag the wood to the hole and begin installing it. Tenth 120 turns: they finish installing the wood. Eleventh 120 turns: they begin filling and stacking sandbags around and over the wooden structure they've built in the hole. Twelfth 120 turns: they complete stacking sandbags and put up a sign identifying bunker as headquarters for the 116th. Regt. Large shell arrives and destroys bunker.

Sounds like it would have you on the edge of your seat the whole time!

;):D

Michael

As a variation of my first suggestion, the Chinamen could be replaced by a flood. Every turn the water would rise one level higher, and after 20 turns the whole map would be swallowed by flood. So in the end the players would be forced to fight for the hilltops or drown! This would actually be very realistic, because also in reality everyone always sought the high ground. (This is also why Hitler lost the war: he invaded Netherlands when he should have gone for Switzerland.)

Originally posted by Sergei:

As a variation of my first suggestion, the Chinamen could be replaced by a flood. Every turn the water would rise one level higher, and after 20 turns the whole map would be swallowed by flood. So in the end the players would be forced to fight for the hilltops or drown!

Say, are you sure you wouldn't be happier playing Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or something?

Michael

Originally posted by Michael Emrys:

Say, are you sure you wouldn't be happier playing Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom or something?

Michael

Now there's a good idea. Sorry, I withdraw my bad words on you. BFC could indeed buy license from Lucas for making an Indy game. I mean, there are Nazis in both, you know?

While we're at it, I think Star Wars would actually be more popular than Indiana Jones, as there haven't been any Indy films lately. But I don't mean making a game of the latest film, Clone Wars. I'm talking about the classic Star Wars films, like Phantom Menace. Fighting with those war droids and those rabbit creatures (Jar Jar Binks etc) would be totally sweet!