MasterGoodale's Thread of Cheery Waffles, Maggots, and Lost penguins

Originally posted by Soddball:

Doesn't look like it. I am waiting here for mine and have NUFFINK.

GGGARRARA GAGGAG G AG AGARARAR AGARAGAR GGAGAGGAGARAGGAG RA!!!!!

I've sent our last turn three times now!!!!

What's the freakin' problem?!? Besides you, I mean.

:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because:

1) The file you sent said it was for 'A Different Version' - so I asked you to remake the turn and resend it since there is some funny corruptication. :mad: :mad:

2) The file you sent went to the wrong email address, the one which gets 100 junk messages a day and which all my CM:AK turns get filtered as junk. Duh. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Just use the 'gotadsl.co.uk' one please. :mad:

Because:

1) The file you sent said it was for 'A Different Version' - so I asked you to remake the turn and resend it since there is some funny corruptication. :mad: :mad:

2) The file you sent went to the wrong email address, the one which gets 100 junk messages a day and which all my CM:AK turns get filtered as junk. Duh. :mad: :mad: :mad:

Okay. :mad:

Why Miss Kitty I am no such thing. It is but a ploy to get your attention so that we might create a mighty allience of our own and crush the maggots ;)

Or .... now this is just a thought, all of us could join together and crush the other fools........ either way you can find me on tanks plains maggots! :mad: :mad:

Because:

GRARGHRGHGH you ISP dumping whooooooer!!!! Messing up maggots minds left and right you are. Not that it's hard to do. :mad: :mad:

Just completed another game on Abbott's Road to Moscow. I played the Soviets this time, and smashed my German opponent. I only wish the later T-34s were as deadly as the 1940 model!

I don't know if any of you get History International, but if you do, be sure and check out History Viewpoint's presentation of "Blood Upon the Snow: Russia's War" -- it's 12 or so 1 hour episodes on the East Front, beginning with Stalin's assumption of power (I never knew that Lenin recommended that Stalin not succeed him) going through the end of the war. I've got a TiVo wish list that picks up each of them (if you have TiVo, I can give you my wish list specifics -- you probably don't want a season pass b/c the rest of the History Viewpoint series aren't as good). The footage in this show is incredible.

They've also got a three parter on the SS running; TiVo grabbed one about the Waffen-SS for me.

All turns out to you Fiefdom-playing maggots. I won't be expecting any new turns from any of you for days. Has anyone heard from mike_the_wino? We started a PBEM weeks ago and he's been AWOL since before Christmas. I hope he didn't help himself to enough holiday wine to cause his body to burst. Unfortunately, I sure wouldn't bet on him having that kind of self-control. :eek: :eek: :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Originally posted by Dave H:

All turns out to you Fiefdom-playing maggots. I won't be expecting any new turns from any of you for days.

I didn't see mine last night. :mad:

By the way, how do you take a screenshot?

How come there's no blood in this game?

Why are there only three soldiers pictured in a squad?

Why doesn't someone mod the bazooka/flamethrower/mortar/ampulomet/piat?

Why aren't there SS insignia on the German version?

What are mods and where can I get them?

Can someone e-mail me the manual?

Originally posted by Axe2121:

By the way, how do you take a screenshot?

How come there's no blood in this game?

Why are there only three soldiers pictured in a squad?

Why doesn't someone mod the bazooka/flamethrower/mortar/ampulomet/piat?

Why aren't there SS insignia on the German version?

What are mods and where can I get them?

Can someone e-mail me the manual?

No, but if you don't shut up, I'll be happy to throw a brick at your lips.

XXOO,

Boo

Originally posted by tiny_tanker:

You bloody fecking TNT :mad: slatherd moldy maggoty bastages! You have introduced me to a terribly addictive game, that fecking fiefdom! ARRRRRGGGHHH :mad: :mad: :mad: Let me join your bleeding alliance before I go mad!

En oh. tongue.gif :mad: :mad:

I love my job.

Yesterday I wrote a story about a local veteran, Charles Hancock, who is the first in our area to get the new "veteran" licence plate with the symbol of the poppy on it.

He joined the South Saskatchewan Regiment — a militia unit — in 1940. However after a couple of years he switched to the Air Force.

He trained to be a wireless airgunner but washed out because of difficulty in mastering the wireless part. He then found himself in Angus at Canadian Forces Base Borden training to be a transport driver for the Air Force.

He took a three-week training course in mobile transport outside of Moose Jaw and asked for the first overseas posting he could get. Soon he was off to Scotland in January of 1944.

Hancock was attached to 129 of the Royal Air Force and trained in several places in southern England before crossing the English Channel in an American landing craft shortly after D-Day.

In his time in Europe he helped supply the air force as it moved through Normandy, into Belgium and Holland. A serious bout of tuberculosis put him in hospital in England. He was shipped back on the hospital ship T.S. Letitia, where his berth mate — an airman who had his eyelids, nose and ears burned off in a crash — taught him to play crib.

Once home Hancock went on to a 27-year long career in the RCAF.

Highlights of his career included driving Queen Elizabeth around while she was in Canada in 1959.

So I get back to the office and type "TSS Letitia" into google and come up with the ship's history and a color painting of it. I printed the two things out and dropped them off to him about 15 minutes ago. He looked at the painting for a long time without saying anything then looked at me and, with tears in his eyes, said "Until right now I'd never seen the ship that brought me home."

He was brought onboard on a stretcher and taken off on a stretcher and never really got a look at the ship from the outside.

Like I said, I love my job.

Huh. So I'm looking at today's car on my calendar, a 1967 Shelby Cobra 427 SC, and there's this airplane behind it.

It's a nice Soviet red with yellow lettering stenciled on it. Using my trusty magnifying glass I can make it out — "Yak 9U — Barbarossa — Eddie Andreini."

Google turns this up.

Eddie Andreini has been a part of the West Coast airshow circuit for more than 35 years.

He learned to fly in a Taylorcraft L-2 at the age of 16 and broke into the airshow business flying a BT-13 at the Watsonville Airshow in 1964. Since then, he has flown a Great Lakes, deHavilland Chipmunk, PT-17 and his current mounts: an all-red Yak-9 named "Barbarossa" and a 450-hp Super Stearman he flies solo and with a wingwalker.

When he's not flying, Andreini runs a heavy equipment and engineering firm in Half Moon Bay, a seaside community south of San Francisco.

Although he was bitten by the Yak bug years ago after a season of flying a Yak-52, it wasn't until 1996 that he got his new Yak-9U from Russia via Jim Wickersham of Shadetree Aviation in Carson City, Nev.

After installing a liquid-cooled Allison V-12 and a modified prop from a DC-3, Andreini made the first flight in his Yak in February '97. After working out a few bugs, he explored the Yak's performance envelope.

It went fast, even at low power settings; and although it liked to roll, it didn't like high G loads, so loops had to be 3,000-footers. In a few weeks, though, Andreini had worked out a 10-minute aerobatic sequence for his first airshow.

The rest, as they say, is history. He now splits his performances between the Stearman and the Yak, depending on what the crowd wants to see.

For more information about Eddie Andreini Airshows, contact Power Entertainment at (650) 726-2065 or e-mail: readyeddy@aol.com.

Originally posted by Becket:

That's a really cool story, Axe, thanks for sharing it.

It almost makes me wish my forces held off blasting you to infinity in the turn I sent you last night. Almost. Now, please send the turn back so I can revel in the TNT I chucked your way.

:mad: You'll have to wait until about 9 p.m.as Paula has a job interview in Barrie tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. She commutes to Toronto right now by train (an hour commute). Commute if she gets the job? Ten minutes.

Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

It almost makes me wish my forces held off blasting you to infinity in the turn I sent you last night. Almost. Now, please send the turn back so I can revel in the TNT I chucked your way.

:mad: You'll have to wait until about 9 p.m.as Paula has a job interview in Barrie tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. She commutes to Toronto right now by train (an hour commute). Commute if she gets the job? Ten minutes. </font>

Originally posted by Boo Radley:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Axe2121:

</font><blockquote>quote:</font><hr />Originally posted by Becket:

:mad: You'll have to wait until about 9 p.m.as Paula has a job interview in Barrie tonight. Keep your fingers crossed. She commutes to Toronto right now by train (an hour commute). Commute if she gets the job? Ten minutes. </font>